How do you build a better tomorrow? A spirit of constant improvement has made Maxeon Solar Technologies the world-renowned leader in solar innovation, and we thrive together to lead the fight against climate change.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
Maxeon Solar Technologies is a global leader in solar innovation. Built from 35 years of boundary-pushing solar DNA, the company launched as an independent entity following its spin-off from US-based SunPower Corporation in August 2020.
Maxeon designs, manufactures, and sells industry-leading SunPower branded solar products in more than 100 countries through a global network spanning more than 1,100 sales and installation partners. And Maxeon is powering positive change every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 5,000 in Latin America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
We push the boundaries, taking solar technology higher, faster and farther than before. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, striving for the highest integrity, safety, and quality. And we thrive together as a global team, embracing our diverse backgrounds to make a positive impact on the world. Are you ready to power positive change?
- Overall activities of the payroll function for North America, Philippines and other regions as needed.
- Develops policies and procedures for payroll process and timekeeping.
- Partners with Human Resource Department and Business Partners to develop and implement service level agreements (i.e. accuracy and timeliness of HRIS data, payroll information, etc.) Plays a key role in the Payroll transition project of the Payroll clients.
- Ensures the timely generation of the company payroll, including labor distribution records, vacation and sick leave accrual, overtime and withholding status.
- Reviews all government reporting requirements for labor cost, payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions.
- Reviews calculation and entries on sales commission and/or stock option administration.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Reviews the payroll register submitted by Payroll Team Leads to ensure quality and accuracy on a bi-weekly and semi-monthly basis.
- Reviews and approves monthly reconciliation and account analysis for payroll related accounts.
- Ensures that all employees and Payroll clients are paid accurately and on time.
- Checks coding of payroll costs to ensure correct allocation to departmental cost centers.
- Leads resolution of payroll concerns, queries and requirements.
- Reviews payroll accruals and ensures all are being recorded properly.
- Ensures that all statutory deductions such as withholding taxes, SSS, Medicare is being remitted including needed reports are submitted on time.
- Ensures compliance of SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) on Payroll.
- Approves monthly reconciliations and account analysis on assigned payroll accounts
- Prepares monthly and quarterly flux on income and balance sheet payroll account for cycle review material as required by Corporate Finance.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned by his superiors concerning Payroll projects and other related matters
- Complies at all times the Environment, Health and Safety and Manufacturing Quality standards, rules and regulations
- Performs other duties may be assigned
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Educational: Bachelor degree on Accountancy, preferably with major in Accounting
- Experience: At least 5 years experience on Payroll; ; Experience with International Payroll processing and in running US payroll
- Skills: Excellent in oral and written communication skills; Strong Personality and highly analytical;