Seeking an experienced Information Technology (IT) based Systems Engineer (SETA) for a position located in Alice Springs, Australia. The successful applicant must exhibit flexibility in task execution, provide technical expertise, deliver continuity of effort, and demonstrate value-added judgment to advise senior customer leadership on program activities. The successful candidate will produce recommendations and deliverables in a thorough, practicable, and consistent manner congruent with the organization's objectives, and facilitate customer focused IT infrastructure provisioning.
Operate proactively with ability to lead and execute engagements without direct leadership oversight and/or participation.
Serve as primary customer interface and advocate, affording cross-functional technical and relationship management to ensure mission success while maximizing service adoption.
Proactively perform as organized and dedicated change agent, core to ensuring quality assurance while assisting the culture shift toward the customer’s leadership vision.
Understand relationship between the customer’s mission delivery schedules and IT service roadmaps.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
Educate consumers on current and upcoming IT service deliveries, changes, and potential impacts to existing capabilities.
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
Perform as key Technical Advisor for articulating service requirement gaps to support customer mission architecture.
Help customers navigate through IT services ordering catalog and help customer determine how to properly order their requirements.
Assist customers in escalating their service requirements as situations dictate the need for earlier delivery than planned.
Help IT service providers stay aware of evolving site and mission specific requirements.
Interface with Multi-Service Integrator to determine status of consumer service deliveries.
Work with Multi-Service Integrator to facilitate Technical Exchange Meetings between IT service providers and consumers when delivered services do not fulfill consumer’s requirements.
Relay consumer’s IT service challenges and concerns to seniors.
Effectively perform in a team environment- with strong verbal and writing skills; efficient in interaction with senior government and contractor leads as well as working level components
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Domain knowledge in areas:
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Compute IT Services (Information Technology)
- Storage IT Services
- Networking IT Services
- Software IT Services
- Data Center IT Services
- Project Oversight Management
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.