Excellent opportunity to join the amazing team at Goodstart Fortitude Valley!
About the Role
Goodstart has a new exciting opening for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher in our vibrant Kindy room, who can build and sustain strong relationships with children, parents, and the local community. You will be responsible for planning innovative and engaging child initiated curriculums using the Early Years Learning Framework and Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines, incorporating both indoor and outdoor environments, sustainability, and local excursions.
Goodstart Early Learning Fortitude Valley is a purpose built centre. The centre has a large outdoor playground, something that is well sought after in the city.
Our centre offers ages from 6 weeks to 5 years of age, our rooms start from Nursery through to Kindergarten. We have two Kindergarten rooms run by qualified early years learning teachers, our curriculum is based on QKLG, we run external extra-curricular activities throughout the week including, Happy Feet, Billy’s Buddies and Ginger sports which is at an extra cost to families. We have excursions/incursions that support children getting ready for school.
We have two large open playgrounds right in the middle of Fortitude Valley - no other centre in the area has such large age-based playgrounds! Through our sustainable garden program we connect with nature and teach our children how to care for our natural environment and the importance of sustainability in our world. We have two large sandpits, mud kitchen, bike tracks, train line viewing station, natural creek bed with running water and an outdoor cubby.
- Full-time - 38 hours/week
- Set shift 8:30am - 5:00pm
- $5,000 annual bonus - for delivering an exciting and innovative Kindergarten program
- Studying towards or hold Bachelor of Education/Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification deeming you as an Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) or ‘actively working towards’
- Hold a current Blue Card or alternatively an Exemption Card with QLD Teachers Registration
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Great leadership support
- 139 place centre
- Well-resourced with inclusive and natural learning environments
- Welcoming and fun environment
- Opening hours – 6:30am to 6:30pm
- Competitive above award salary
- Access to a professional teacher mentor
- Quality teaching and educational resources
- Transfer opportunities – over 640 centres Australia wide
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees
- Employee benefits including uniform allowance
AND... Did you know that Goodstart is for children, not profit. At Goodstart we are all about laying the foundation for better lives through great early learning experiences, we’re not-for-profit and entirely Australian owned, so you can be confident children are our first priority. Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you! #gsteacher
To apply, please click "Apply Now".
For further information, please email Paul Newton, Talent Acquisition Specialist: email@example.com
Posting Notes: FORTITUDE VALLEY, BRISBANE || QLD || Australia (AU) || QLD South - Region 11 || SF:00 || Bachelor (ECT) 4yr || Full-Time