Reports To: Manger Construction
You will provide civil construction-engineering services to Exterran and its Customers.
Civil construction engineer will be responsible for construction, Structural erection for a complex Oil & gas processing treatment plant.
- Deliver civil engineering services at site that meet Exterran its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Perform civil engineering services such as:
- Identify and report changes to project scope;
- assist with the preparation of proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules;
- Provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders;
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in civil engineering.
- Communicate effectively with the civil engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Coordinate safety training and enforce safe work practices at all times in conjunction with the Environmental Safety
- Champion the cause of ZERO Accident Philosophy.
- Responsible for supervising and directing contractor(s) in an Engineering ,Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) supervisor capacity
- Ensure the most current design document specifying civil commodities such as concrete, steel and excavation is provided to subcontractor to complete work, and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
- Monitor the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Responsible for implementing corporate project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned civil operations.
- Lead the preparation of the four-week schedule and budget control with assistance from Project Controls.
- Provide input to quantity tracking application and report weekly installed quantities to Field Engineering for verification.
- Prepare reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress,
- Plan the Manpower and equipment required to execute the job.
- Perform employee reviews and identify training and development opportunities for subordinate civil personnel.
- Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement
- Provide technical and Construction expertise on all Field Engineering and Construction matters pertaining to Civil Engineering design, including underground facilities, drainage systems, roads/paving, foundations, concrete & structural steel buildings, analysis of soil investigation reports and rehabilitation works
- Perform regular and timely technical reviews of Civil Engineering deliverables developed by EPC Contractors, ensuring design and Construction optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and industry best practices
- Ensure Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities
- Ensure quality and accuracy of EPC Contractor's Civil Engineering design and Construction activities
- Review and approve Contractor's Field Engineering and Construction work and ensure compliance with Contract, Project specifications, relevant codes and standards, design philosophy, and industry best practices.
- Review and approve construction materials
- Review of execution methods/procedures submitted by EPC Contractors
- Review of bill of quantities bases in line with EPC Contract scope of work , specifications and drawings
- Actively participate in site surveys of facilities to establish and identify actual requirements of Project
- Perform calculations for Field Engineering design validation and Construction optimization
- Participate in Field Engineering design reviews and technical workshops
- Participate in Construction workshops and studies for AHC Project
- Provide civil engineering expertise in the development and analysis of various Field Engineering design options
- Bachelor is degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant technical discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of 15 Years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of EPCM contract Management, and the Contractor(s) and their subcontractor’s (if applicable) responsibilities.
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H). Demonstrable commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
- Extensive experience in oil & gas construction works
EXTERRAN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the HRD at Accommodation.Requests.NA@Exterran.com