We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom has been awarded the PTA Australia’s $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
We are looking for an experimented and motivated Testing Methods Engineer for:
- Define and deliver Testing instructions for factory test in Bellevue site and test running in customer tracks per Metronet Inspection and Test plan.
- Define tools/equipment and safe testing facility in accordance with customer acceptance criteria.
- Arrange Testing training course to Tester & Production team about Alstom Way of working and Metronet train functionality.
- Ensure train configuration per baseline definition.
- Lead Continuous improvement of Factory Test performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required Includes:
- Technical knowledge of Railway rolling stock testing instructions and how to operate trains.
- Train movement regulation.
- Solfwares knowledge at train and sub-system level.
- Experience in trouble shooting mod with electrical schemes, testing/Maintenance instructions.
- Lock out – tag out way of working.
- Time analysis & Value stream mapping process.
- MS office softwares.
- Good communication and Conscientious. Commits and delivers.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply. We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required.