Selby Jennings - Singapore
- Perform daily market operations involving prompt trading, generation of post day reporting, settlement/ verification of power and gas data.
- Employ analysis tools to identify opportunities, make proper and sound recommendation on trading decisions to optimise revenue.
- Constantly conduct market analysis and gather competitive intelligence on the underlying supply and demand forces and market conditions that impact the electricity market dynamics.
- Ensure all processes and transactions are consistent with the market rules, company's risk management guidelines and procedures.
- To be involved in the development/enhancement of new offer submission system, including liaising with vendor pertaining to the requirements of the desired system.
- Assist in constantly reviewing and enhancing work instructions or methodology/ business processes for the team to perform its function more effectively, productively, and reduce errors.
- Maintain close coordination with internal and external stakeholders to resolve any issues related to power market operations.
The ideal candidate:
- Business or Engineering degrees equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year operations experience of power plant
- Good understanding of Singapore electricity and natural gas market
- Meticulous worker with excellent analytical and numerical skills who can handle large amount of data sets
- Willing to take on standby duties and be contactable during emergencies to react to all urgent situations
- Highly-motivated Team player with a positive attitude, capable of working with minimal supervision and adaptable to changing priorities and assignments