Overview of job
We are looking for a Strategic Planning Manager with strong client servicing skills with at least 5 years’ experience handling multi-national clients who is keen to make their mark on one of the most iconic brands in the world.
You will be responsible for all day to day media planning and client service activities associated with the assigned account. Specifically developing media planning recommendations, leading conversations with our agency partners and integrating responses from our internal and external stakeholders to ensure the response delivers the business and communications objectives for each of their assigned brands.
You will also be expected to develop and maintain strong client relationships, oversee the preparation and supervise the execution of media plans and other deliverables and lead by example, developing, motivating and coaching a team comprised of 1-2 planners and / or assistants.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Business Director.
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to work on one of the most iconic brands in the world.
- Part of a team pushing the boundaries, especially in terms of social, mobile and digital analytics.
- Act as a custodian member for Hong Kong & Taiwan hub planning so you will also get exposure to work that is being done in ASEAN, APAC and the rest of the world.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Completed inductions with your assigned client, creative agencies, internal teams and key media owners.
- Completed all the tools training (if not familiar with the systems already) and understand how we develop an integrated screen plan.
- Responded to your first brief and presented these recommendations to the client.
- Provided constructive feedback about the performance of junior members of the team.
In six months:
- Identified actionable consumer insights that can inform our strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to judge ideas in terms of factual accuracy and relevance to brief.
- Progressed work with other departments without the presence of the Business Director.
- Debated constructively with clients and sold in the agency’s recommendation.
In 12 months:
- Led the strategic response to brief, incorporating inputs from other team members and agencies to create an integrated recommendation.
- Developed a point of view on what’s right for the brand in terms of budgets, weights, new opportunities, regionality and test and learns.
- Supported the Business Director and had a point of view on other brands within the portfolio as and when required.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage all day to day media planning and client service activities associated with the assigned account;
- Lead conversations with our agency partners;
- Ensure our recommendations deliver the brand’s business and communications objectives;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, agency partners and vendors;
- Supervise a team comprised of 1-2 planners and / or assistants.
What you will need:
- Minimum of 5 years’ media agency experience handling multi-national clients;
- Strong digital knowledge especially in performance and analytics areas.
- Strong written and spoken English;
- Strong organizational and numeracy skills;
- Proactive ‘can do’ attitude;
- To be a team player.
MediaCom is the “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). It employs 6,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe. Its client roster includes P&G, VW Group, Dell and Universal. In 2015, MediaCom was recognised by RECMA as the leading global agency network in its Network Diagnostics report, and also was the first agency network to top all 3 key RECMA reports across EMEA. Also in 2015, MediaCom has been awarded Media Agency of the Year in the US by AdAge and Adweek, Agency of the Year in the UK by Campaign and The Drum, and Global Agency of the Year at the M&M Awards. The agency captured six Media Lions at the 2015 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, making it the top performer among all global media agency networks.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews.
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom.
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.