Investment Services Public Markets
Investment Services Public Markets, or ISPM, is an integrated team that provides investment service support for public market investment activities strategically and tactically. The team is responsible for business management functions for all public market investment strategy groups, as well as GIC’s global trade operations, custody control and asset servicing such as income entitlements, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate events of our underlying investments, futures and derivative operations, collateral management, pricing and rates, market data and rebalancing operations. The coverage extends across a spectrum of products such as equities, bonds, money market, foreign exchange, futures, collateralized securities and other derivatives.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Trade Management team as an Assistant Vice President/ Vice President. The successful candidate will cover trade support for Fixed Income & Currency portfolio.
- Support the business in the trading activities of Fixed Income & Currency asset classes:
- Perform trade processing of various instruments, including:
- Cash Securities: Cash Bonds, repo, collateral swaps, term loans
- Exchange-traded Futures & Options
- OTC Derivatives: Interest Rate Swaps, Credit Default swap, Swaptions, Cross Currency Swaps, Volatility and variance swap etc
- Foreign Exchange & Money Market instruments: FX, deposit, repos
- Ensure prompt receipt and matching of trade confirmations;
- Ensure timely settlement for all trades across the global markets. This includes ensuring sufficient funding and meeting both the internal and custodian banks’ cut-off times.
- Ensure prompt follow up on trade matching, trade confirmation, settlement, and other operational matters.
- Support asset servicing functions of all investments throughout the life cycle of the trade including exercise/ assignment, novation, income collection, corporate action and credit event processing.
- Assessment for implementation of new products and markets for investment by portfolio managers.
- Work with external counterparties, brokers and service providers to resolve operational issues, and be able to assess their service levels. Ensure service level is met for all services.
- Work with external vendors (brokers, counterparties, clearers, custodian banks, industry groups) to keep track of market developments.
- Drive process improvements for productivity and quality enhancements; design solutions to integrate into processes.
- You should have a good Degree in Accountancy, Business or Finance.
- At least 4 years of experience in operations.
- You possess a drive to deliver excellent work, an eye for details, a creative bent and a meticulous nature.
- You should also possess strong analytical abilities, and have excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- A good team player, self-motivated and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of macros, SQL, Tableau, python would be an advantage.