For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Raven Applied Technology is seeking a Software Engineer to design, develop, and evaluate software from concept through production stage, and make modifications as needed. This position will be located in the Netherlands.
• Research, write, develop, test, and evaluate software programs.
• Work with teams to facilitate deployment related to software programs.
• Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhancement of existing software.
• Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
• Work with external customers to troubleshoot and solve problems.
• Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
• May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new or existing software.
• May assist with quote or request for quote process.
• Uses prescribed techniques and procedures within established criteria.
• Tasks are well-defined.
• Performs technical work that does not require previous experience.
• Entry level or early career engineer with Bachelors' degree or Master's degree in engineering field - Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of an internship in related field is preferred.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Trained in the use of Visio, C, C++, Java, and web technologies.
• Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
• High level of customer service skills.
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques is preferred.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Proficiency with a computer, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.