Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Piping & Plant Layout Engineer to join our team in Qatar on a staff basis. This is a key role in the Piping & Plant Layout Group, where you will have the opportunity to be hands-on in supporting the group’s objectives across EPC, PMC and FEED scopes of work in the region. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control within the man-hour, cost and the project schedule targets.
You will deliver effective Piping & Plant Layout Engineering support into projects through provision of sound technical advice; undertaking discipline audits and due-diligence type reviews; provision of discipline training; updating of procedures and standards and developing innovative plant layout and engineering techniques.
- Carrying out various piping activities and preparation of deliverables as necessary on your appointed projects.
- Represent the project and liaise with the client as required.
- Signing drawings and documents as originator/checker in accordance with corporate and project procedures.
- Ensuring the quality, technical accuracy and content of all project piping deliverables.
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards.
- Adhering to engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes toward engineering design, including raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities.
- Implementation of Piping CAD and Engineering functions and tools to ensure quality of deliverables within assigned project / area.
- Preparing for and running project design reviews, including management and close-out of actions relating to Piping & Plant Layouts.
- Reviewing vendor quotations, preparation of technical quote evaluations and submission of vendor recommendations in conjunction with the Materials Management Department. Technically approve Order Variation Summaries.
- Hold co-ordination meetings and engineering reviews with vendors of piping bulk materials, valves or special items as required.
- Provide relevant knowledge and practical support to site activities, such as site visits or surveys and vendor, contractor, or client site-related queries and discussions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar related subject, and preferably a member of a relevant professional body or institution.
- In-depth engineering experience in the critical process plant / or power industry, working in a project environment for a contracting company.
- Experience of working in a variety of projects and phases, including greenfield and brownfield, on and offshore, Pre-FEED through to EPC, with a focus on offshore upstream.
- Proven site experience on several design and construction-based site assignments.
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of Piping & Plant Layout design and engineering, including layout concepts, piping design and routing, pipe stress analysis and materials engineering.
- Understanding and experience in the use of intelligent CAD systems on projects.
- A proactive approach to resolving technical issues, the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and strong communication skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.