What you'll do as a Solutions Engineer
The Pre-Sales Solution Engineering organization owns the technical sales of the CloudFlare solution portfolio, ensuring maximal business value, fit-for-purpose solution design and adoption roadmap for our customers. Solution Engineering is made up of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds including but not limited to Sales Consultants, Technical Consultants, Technical Support and Program Managers.
You are a customer facing technologist within the Cloudflare Solutions Engineering team. You have experience in working in a pre-sales or other technical customer facing role supporting large enterprise accounts or acquiring new enterprise customers, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills suited to explain the benefits of CloudFlare products and services to existing and potential customers. In this role you will be responsible for partnering with the sales team to understand customer requirements and provide sales support, prepare and deliver technical presentations and demos explaining the benefits of Cloudflare products to existing and potential customers, and run proof of concept trials for customers.
Specifically, we are looking for you to:
- Identify and map customer initiatives and business problems to Cloudflare solutions
- Build relationships and technical champions within customer accounts
- Develop and present customer presentations at every Enterprise Customer’s organization level
- Lead demo and proof-of-concept activities for Cloudflare prospects and customers
- Demonstrate your expertise of Cloudflare with your peers through the creation of professional content, including white papers, blog posts and other knowledge sharing activities
- Represent and evangelize Cloudflare externally at Developer, Community, Technology, Cybersecurity and Industry focused events with thought leadership and expertise.
- Apply in-depth vertical knowledge or domain expertise. Advise on best practices.
- Previous experience as a Solutions Engineer or other customer facing technical role with CDN, Security, Networking or SaaS
- Solid communication, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work on several projects and activities concurrently
- Highly driven individuals that are curious, team players and work with a sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
Examples of one or more desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Fundamental understanding of customer network and/or application architectures.
- Detailed understanding of workflow from user to application including hybrid architectures with Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Understanding, knowledge or experience of application and/or network security
- Understanding, knowledge or experiences with SaaS application environments
- Understanding, knowledge or experience with VPN and remote access challenges
- Understanding, knowledge or experience with SIEM and log analytics platforms
- Client OS fundamentals and software distribution
Other desirable skills areas include:
- Experience interacting with senior level/executives to communicate a message of network and security transformation
- Routing, subnetting, split tunnels. SD-WAN, local internet breakout
- End user and application security risks - DDoS, malware, phishing, viruses
- Knowledge of competitive market around CDN providers and internet security technologies