Overview of job
GroupM Regional Finance team (based in Hong Kong) is looking a Finance Manager strong at financial and reporting background to take care regional management reporting and analysis for countries across the region.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Financial Controller GroupM APAC
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to work in the leading global media investment company with a fast growing team of professionals.
- Opportunity to experience the dynamic environment working with local, regional and global team
- Chance to work in a dynamic matrix environment that is always interesting and to develop your career in an exciting and fast evolving digital marketing & communications space
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Built relationships with the key stakeholders across the group
- Develope your understanding of GroupM’s businesses
In six months:
- Understand P&L structures, reporting requirements, WPP and GroupM finance and accounting policies and practices
In 12 months:
- possess solid understanding of the reporting requirement, consolidation and analysis across the region
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for the report consolidation and analysis across the Asia Pacific region with focus on South East Asia countries
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve system and financial performance
- Communicate and implement regional financial policy and directives to local finance teams
- Review financial statements and reports and coordinate the preparation and presentation of consolidated
- reporting package reflecting historical and forecasted reports of financial performance to management
- Ensure compliance; maintain strong accounting and internal control practices across the region in particular compliance to SOX requirement
- Occasional travel is required
What you will need:
- Degree in Accounting/ Finance or related studies, ACCA/CPA or equivalent
- At least 8 to 10 year experience in MNC, proven skills in financial analyst, reporting and group consolidation, ideally a mix of audit and commercial experience
- Strong business acumen and able to understand management prospective in analyzing the financial performance
- Previous experience working with SOX controls is highly preferable
- Solid understanding and familiar with using Hyperion reporting would be a big plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English and knowledge in Mandarin will be an advantage
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.