Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Director (TBD) with dotted line to Digital Manager
3 best things about the job:
- Global remit
- Client open to new innovations and ideas
- Heavy on programmatic work
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Gain client trust on digital matters
In six months, you would have:
- Implement media innovation in digital either related to process or campaigns
In 12 months, you would have:
- Case study created
Responsibilities of the role:
The key focus of this role will be on one client specifically, but with our new structure and company set up in Hong Kong there are amazing opportunities to be had to work on lots of other interesting brands and pitches as we grow.
We are a bit different from other regional/global teams in that we do a lot of implementation centrally, so if that is what you are interested in – this client & team is definitely for you.
Our clients have very high expectations, but also need careful management. We need someone who therefore has good attention to detail, but is also able to push back when necessary.
- Some tactical and strategic planning related to digital specifically – this may include a range of digital platforms including social but is more likely to be display focused.
- Completion of all campaign trafficking requirements
- Contribute to accurate supply of creative assets from appointed partner agencies or from client
- Regular optimisations
- Monitoring campaign performance, ensuring delivery of relevant acceptance reports for all central campaigns. Working with Social Manager in the team to help with any social reports as necessary.
- Reporting: competitive, insight, post buy as required
- Sending trends, reports, insight to client on regular basis from the markets
- Client management
- From time to time you will be asked to assisting in coordination of digital plans in markets
What you will need:
Experience required: 3-4 years in media business, Mandarin & English working proficiency, regional or global experience preferable but not mandatory if willing to learn.
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content, and technology agency in the world. Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content, and technology.
Hong Kong market overview Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.