Element has an opportunity for a Microbiologist whose primary responsibility is to support laboratory operations by conducting the relevant microbiological testing
This position will be based in Ghala area of Muscat
- Provide essential microbiological analytical laboratory services for food and beverage manufacturers, private sectors, commodity exporters companies and food industry in line with Element standards and record / update results in LIMS
- Operation of equipment like pH / EC / TDS meters, UV-visible spectrophotometers, ovens, furnaces, incubators, fusion machines and maintain accurate records of all performed procedures in line with ISO/IEC 17025:2005 specification in the laboratory
- Maintain the good laboratory housekeeping and ensure Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standard are adhered
- Prepare reagents, standard solutions and ensure standardisation of the solution used in the laboratory and manage handling and storage all chemicals as per the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Managing the calibration of glass wares and the instruments
- Issue reports and receive samples to and from the respective entities
- Involvement in site and field testing with various international standards or in-house procedures while ensuring work compliance to ISO 17025 requirements
- Coordinating with the other technicians in the team to carry out work as per the planning schedule and manually hande samples as required
- General maintenance, cleaning and checking of equipment while working to all HSE standards
- Interacting with clients during witnessed testing.
- Generating test reports for clients (data entry, quality assurance)
- Driving to customer site to collect samples and / or conduct testing at their lab on a regular / daily basis
- Assist in adhoc activities from time to time as requested by the department manager to assist in the execution of Element Material Technology annual targets and budgets
- Have a diploma / degree in microbiology with at least 5 year experience in a similar role
- Have the ability to work in teams under pressure
- Flexible to work different working hours (night / day) shifts if required or necessary
- Good English communication skills: reading, writing, speaking
- Good Mathematical skills
- Knowledge and experience of safe operation of testing equipment and operating in an independent / chemistry / consultant laboratory
- This is an Omani national position
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.