- Work in a close-knit team
- Gain exposure to a wide range of tasks
- Full time position based in Sydney CBD
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has become available for a full time Accounts Officer based out of Sydney. The Accounts Officer is responsible for all tasks that are involved in the Vendor Payment Process, Bank Account Management & Credit Card Management. This includes traditional tasks such as handling Vendor / Payment/ stakeholder enquiries, performing Vendor Reconciliations and adherence to Accounts Payable Policies and Procedures.
The key responsibilities include:
- Corporate credit card and staff expense management
- Month end activities including reconciliations
- Maintain good relations with Vendors and Stakeholders by appropriately addressing queries & solving issues
- Upload and release payments in transactional banking system
- Assess Vendor Account Reconciliations and action exception reports
- Enter invoices, matching goods receipts with invoices and prepare timely and accurate payment in Ellipse
- Experience in Accounts Payable in a progressive, profit-oriented and growth business
- General knowledge of statutory obligations (sales, tax, customs duty etc.), broad business environment, appreciation of energy industry and awareness of IT opportunities in purchasing and contractual buying
- Specific knowledge of business operations, in depth understanding of purchasing and accounts payable policies and protocols, supplier and vendor relationship building, general ledger accounting codes and business information system(s)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, plan and organise daily tasks, be efficient and accurate to achieve the objectives of the position within set timelines.
- Ability to assist other staff when required by providing guidance, advice and training on routine procedures.
- Operational accounting skills, basic financial analysis skills, instigate investigation on accounting issues, details understanding of chart of accounts and business process and the ability to assess impact of making early/late payments
- Intermediate expertise in MS Excel
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, with ability to gain co-operation and assistance from within and external to the organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 8th of December 2021