Hasbro - Hong Kong
- Develop new products including but not limited to mechatronic, animatronic and some robotic items.
- Evaluate product requirements and carry out feasibility study.
- Evaluate product development schedule and lead progress through
- Issue product specifications, product & tool BOM.
- Provide cost-feature trade-off directions and determine tooling optimization
- Manage model makers to develop engineering prototypes
- Propose mechanical designs and electronic solutions
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary team members, global colleagues, inland or overseas vendors
- Evaluate engineering pilot samples and provide modification directions
- On-site review on initial production line setup for inland or overseas manufacturing vendors
- Ensure production output aligning with committed target in technical perspective
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in product development.
- Degree in Mechanical engineering, Industrial or Manufacturing engineering, Automation or related discipline.
- Have relevant manufacturing or product development experiences in quality, costing or engineering.
- Technical knowledge in hard-good production and product development process.
- Technical knowledge of delivering products by means of digital development and advanced manufacturing process is preferred.
- Any robotic engineering experience is preferred but not a must.
- Preferably demonstrated product development experience with vendor partners based in China, Vietnam and India.
- Basic skills in tool building & toy manufacturing processes
- Basic in CAD/CAE (ZBrush, FreeForm, Pro/E, Solidworks)
- Motorized mechanism design (Selection of motor, gear trains, clutch, linkage, choice of materials)
- Experience with product development involving RF, Optics, Hardware/Software integration is added advantage.
- Design for manufacturing and automation