MediaCom are looking for a Planning Director to join their vibrant Melbourne CBD office working with some of Australia’s most iconic brands. You will be responsible for leading the client relationship and delivering the highest quality communication strategies. In this role, you will be the interface between the client and the agency and is responsible for fully understanding their business, interpreting their communications planning and implementation needs.
You will be in charge of leading and managing a team across Strategy and Planning, Investment and Digital to produce integrated recommendations across all media channels. You’ll be focusing on dynamic, fast moving and innovative FCMG account.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Group Business Director.
3 best things about the job:
- A fun environment that gives autonomy to shape media campaigns following your directions
- Working with a group of high performers, you’ll manage a team of strong managers and executives. They only need you to go from good to great.
- A culture that perfectly blends, excellence, fun and a real focus on the well-being of the people.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Built good relationships with your team and helped them deliver even better work
- Gained trust from the client and impressed with your contribution to the work
In six months:
- Managed and delivered campaigns that have a high and innovative standard
- Identified ways to improve processes on the account and delivered
In 12 months:
- Delivered commercial growth with the support of the GBD
- Inspired and developed your team into one of the best team in Australia
Responsibilities of the role:
As a planning director, you’ll be working towards:
- Full integration of media channels and integrated strategies
- Integration and development of your team.
- Improvements in ways of working, processes and commercial growth with the support of the GBD
- Awards winning campaigns
- Performing to your full potential in a very empowering environment
This is a big role with high visibility and a great opportunity to shine in a fast growing agency. This will enable you to let your creativity speak, create and design media strategies and see them through. Give a boost to your career and get in touch for a chat and the detailed job description.
What you will need:
- Media agency experience
- Strong understanding of media planning and buying, from offline to online, paid to earned media and media strategy
- Experience in team management
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Pride in your work and responsibility as a team leader
- To love working in a media agency who empowers people to be who they want to become and deliver amazing work
MediaCom is the “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). It employs 6,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe. Its client roster includes P&G, VW Group, Dell and Universal. In 2015, MediaCom was recognised by RECMA as the leading global agency network in its Network Diagnostics report, and also was the first agency network to top all 3 key RECMA reports across EMEA. Also in 2015, MediaCom has been awarded Media Agency of the Year in the US by AdAge and Adweek, Agency of the Year in the UK by Campaign and The Drum, and Global Agency of the Year at the M&M Awards. The agency captured six Media Lions at the 2015 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, making it the top performer among all global media agency networks.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews.
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMAPAC on Twitter