Reports To: Country Controller
Senior level accountant that applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings
· Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers
· Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement
· Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
· Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures
· Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
· Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
· Devises and implements system for general accounting
· Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures
· Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation
· Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions
· Distributes expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules
· Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local reports and tax returns
Reviews vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports and other records for accuracy.
- Participates in all monthly, quarterly and year end closings & reports.
- Liaise with external auditors and tax advisor to ensure timely issuance of Financial Statements, Income Tax Return and monthly Tax Forms.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Performs a variety of other tasks.
Allocation of Time:
· Financial analysis and account entry – 30%
· Statistical analysis and reporting – 30%
· Financial transactions – 25%
· Other – 15%
Required Skills or Tools:
· Proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and PC skills
· Proficient with email system; Microsoft Outlook preferred
· Proficient using computer-based accounting system; Oracle preferred
· Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university plus Account profession is highly preferable ; with five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Must be able to work under pressure
· Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but is merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.