International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S.-based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over eighty-five countries and has implemented over one hundred and fifty projects for donors such as USAID, DFID and the World Bank. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of monitoring & verifications (M&V) across many sectors including humanitarian assistance, WASH, food security, shelter, education, health, economic growth and democracy & governance.
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Department/Location: Istanbul, Turkey, Beirut, Lebanon and/or Erbil, Iraq
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position
IBTCI is seeking multiple Deputy Chiefs of Party for an anticipated award based in either Istanbul, Turkey, Beirut, Lebanon, and/or Erbil, Iraq. There will be frequent regional travel. This project will establish and undertake independent monitoring program inside Syria and aims to increase partners’ understanding of the outputs, progresses, challenges, successes and lessons learned of selected projects. This position is contingent upon award.
- Lead the technical design, data analysis and reporting writing aspects of the project.
- Serve as liaison with OFDA and FFP partners in Turkey, Iraq, Jordan and Lebanon.
- Manage the technical implementation of the project to ensure deliverables represent the outcomes of sound, ethical and verifiable data collection and analysis.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, provide technical guidance to client and implementing partners to define and determine data collection methods, monitoring processes and performance metrics intended to measure results.
- Participate in the generation of program-wide reporting products.
- Communicate accomplishments and concerns of field findings in a professional manner.
- Provide on-going capacity building and mentorship to the technical and third party verification teams.
- Ensure adequate Duty of Care and do No Harm protocols are developed and adhered to by all team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strict attention to detail.
• Previous experience managing sub-contractors highly desired.
• Demonstrated experience working on programs implemented in Syria preferred.
• Oral and written proficiency in Arabic desired.
• At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian, transition or development field required.
• At least 2 years of experience working in conflict zones.
• Previous experience designing monitoring and evaluation systems or other rigorous qualitative and quantitative research designs required.
• Demonstrated ability implementing third party monitoring projects, M&E support projects or evaluations.
• Prior experience in data analysis and report writing.
• Previous experience managing local staff required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, social science, statistics or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment with some time spent in the field.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required and may include travel to fragile and/or post-conflict zones.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.