Overview of job
Have you inherently wanted more leadership and influence over how to solve your client’s problems? Do you like having the ability to creatively approach a media brief or the see a media solution as an inherent opportunity to be creative?
The opportunity to join Ikon Sydney as a communications director on Horticulture Australia will offer you just that. Operating in a full-service capacity, you’ll get to stretch your influence across a variety of disciplines to drive fresh thinking and positive business outcomes for your clients.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Sydney Agency Director, Jason Smith
Three best things about the job:
- A pivotal agency role leading Ikon’s largest full-service client, Horticulture Australia (Avocado’s, Banana’s, Apples, Pears, Mushrooms etc)
- Part of the Sydney Client Leadership Team
- Opportunity to work on new business opportunities
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Earned the trust of key clients, establishing yourself as a key point of contact
- Build a good rapport with your immediate team + key product leads
In six months:
- Established yourself as a competent client leader, clearly demonstrating you are driving the business forward.
- Working cohesively with Ikon product teams to help facilitate delivery of new opportunities to drive incremental revenue
In twelve months:
- Confident in delivering excellent results on your existing clients, you’re ready to explore new opportunities to extend your remit via actively participating in driving new business opportunities
- Seeking to establish your leadership credentials by playing a broader role within the agency, driving key initiatives and projects to improve the broader Ikon agency offering
Responsibilities of the role:
- Supreme client service that meets our client’s needs across multiple disciplines required to deliver their solutions and that positions Ikon as their lead agency – ideally strategically, with media and creative services offerings.
- Build relationships with our clients that are strong, trusted and confident in Ikon’s ability to meet all of their communications needs
- Identify and create opportunity to continue to diversify and evolve Ikon’s role on the client’s business to be as expansive as possible.
- Collaboration and integration of various teams that creates a seamless and efficient way to support the client in their marketing endeavours.
- Ideas excellence – compelling work that services our client’s needs. We want to always be evolving and putting better ideas out to market. Not rest on our laurels and do the same as we did the year previous. As Client Service lead, you will truly have to Be Interested and deliver the Be Interesting to our clients.
- Utilising and scoping the use of all of Ikon’s offerings to bring the above to fruition.
- Implement and improve processes that make the collaboration across teams easier and more fool proof
- Ensure that strategic thinking is carried across all elements of response to brief
- Input into the development of the client service excellence product across the agency.
- Champion collaboration across all Ikon divisions and within the collective of client service directors and their teams – providing leadership and guidance for best practice for full service client management.
- Lead the collaborative approach through your team, and ultimately Ikon, to set an example for how it’s done.
- Build the profile of the client service team within the agency. Participate in a working group of Client Service experts to push forward the discipline within the agency.
- Lead a core client team to deliver on the product and profile of client service
- Successful management of clients to deliver on agreed sets of KPIs
- Bed in clients and own relationships
- Understand client’s business beyond the scope of creative or media, ultimately ensuring Ikon have the key seat at the decision-making table
- Setting and monitoring financial performance of the projects
- Structuring the SOWs and delivering to the finance processes for the team
- Billings management with finance on all projects
- Responsible for forecasting client revenue and actively managing the commercials of the client project and retainer work.
- Create a plan for organic growth and new business opportunities with current and new/potential clients
- Capitalising on partner relationships by identifying where Ikon might be able to sell additional products/services and working with the wider client teams (and Disciplines) to get these over the line.
- Be involved in new business pitches – especially those that are of a full service nature
- Managing team in the delivery of their roles to see that the workloads, project priorities and the collaboration of the team
- Providing guidance and leadership of the team to deliver on the product and business vision, and the values of the wider agency, ensuring they continually upskill
- Making the team accountable for commercial outcomes of their projects
Culture and Career Development
- Responsible for the team happiness and alignment to the culture and vision of the agency
- Regularly acknowledges & appreciates efforts made by both client team members & wider Ikon team. Elevates examples of outstanding work.
- Provides insightful input into of KPI's and development plans for the team. Inputs into the CDP process for the team
What you will need:
- Leadership: Excellent client service and stakeholder management skills
- Team: Ability to lead and nurture a high-performance team culture
- Commercial: Ability to identify opportunities and work with product teams to realise the opportunity
- Communication: Strong presentation skills
About Ikon Communications
Ikon is a full-service communications agency with over $380m in billings across offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Auckland.
We have the breadth and depth of experience to create bespoke solutions for each and every client. For some, that might be a full suite of services from strategy, data, creative and media. For others, it could simply be amplifying a marketing spend across search and social.
You can learn more about what it means to be an Ikonoclast by visiting our website below: