Req ID: 110548
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Networking Engineer to join our team in Singapore, Central Singapore (SG-01), Singapore (SG).
Job Title: Network Engineering Specialist
The Networking Engineering Specialist will be responsible for production and non-production Device Design/Policy/functionality for service implementation. They will also be responsible for completing assigned projects (e.g. detailed procedures, tickets, etc.) in a manner consistent with the Citi Standard, which emphasizes the importance of providing exceptional customer service. Ultimately, they are responsible for meeting all consulting billing objectives.
• Provide Technical Support for the firm’s global network infrastructure
• Work collaboratively with different departments and Global Network Integration and Architecture & Technology Engineering teams on projects
• Mentor junior technicians in order to improve their technical skill set over the long term • Provide expert level technical support on conference calls with cross functional partners throughout the technology organization
• Conduct in depth technical investigations of ongoing incidents involving degraded network performance • Perform design reviews for technical soundness and operational supportability of proposed deployments
• Maintain written operational procedures for the network service, This includes document reviews at predefined intervals, ad-hoc procedure updates in response to operational events, and consistently high quality document management so that they are ready for audit and compliance scrutiny at any time
• Perform pre-defined configuration assurance and standard build checks to satisfy risk, control and “Safety & Soundness” initiatives as part of proactive configuration management of all network managed infrastructure. This includes validating proper configuration on all redundant device pairs, validating all infrastructure is configured in accordance with documented engineering standards, and formulating remediation plans when exceptions are identified
• Escalate internetworking design and architectural issues to Architecture Network Engineering teams for further analysis.
• Work collaboratively with engineering counterparts to achieve a design solution to the issues identified during the course of working through operational incidents. Evaluate issues for ‘global exposure’ relative to the install base of the hardware and software solution in question. Ensure the remediation plan accounts for remediation of the full exposure
• Should be expert in Cisco routers and switches, WANs, (T1, T3, MPLS),routing protocols: EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, RIP
• Should be expert in network protocol analysis using industry standard toolsets such as Ethereal Wireshark, etc. Familiarity with Netflow data exports and data collection/analysis
• Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
• Process-oriented individual with strong attention to detail, and strong organizational skills • Ability to build consensus
• Strong interpersonal skills • 5 to 7 years of experience
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.