Requisition ID: 230825
- Organization: M&M
- Location: [[location
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
The Smelter Campaign Maintenance 2021 (SCM21) Project is a planned major shutdown for the Olympic Dam (OD) Surface Operations, which aims to improve the integrity of critical plant and infrastructure to deliver safe and reliable production performance and productivity improvements in bottleneck areas.
- The Non-Hot Metals Area Lead Engineer is responsible for field engineering operations within brownfield environment of an existing long-term metals processing operation.
- Requires experience with supporting shutdown management and integrating field engineering across multiple discipline areas of civil/structural, piping and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation services.
- Commences with the Work Packaging group and transitions to Field Engineering in Adelaide and thereafter onto full execution at the Olympic Dam site.
- Liaises with Engineering on the design and reviews design for Constructability and Safety in Design.
- Support supervision for the review of contractor methodologies and plans; ensures construction activities comply to Australian Standards and BHP specifications and procedures
- Coordinates with established area operational processes and existing operational workforce to execute planned shutdown workplans. Supervises any reports and directs general contractor and speciality contractor technical activities to ensure the works performed meet specific “must meet” milestones.
- Requires utilisation of large project processes as directed; coordinates and supports multi-discipline activities within a specific timeframe.
- Provides back-up support to the Area Superintendents and will undertake a primary role of coordinating field engineering and technical service activities for all disciplines in the Hot Metal areas.
- Monitors work activities and ensures the quality of work performed is both competent and meets legacy requirements. Ensures the most current design document is used to complete the work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
- Tracks quantities and contractor progress using established project tools. Prepares reports and forecasts, including summary of field engineering progress and punchlisting, work-to-go forecasts, and hours vs task activities in conjunction with support from Project Controls personnel.
- Monitors site quality control to ensure compliance with specifications and operational legacy requirements. Responsible for the implementation of corporate/project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned operations.
- Ensures that Bechtel and local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensures a Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into every aspect of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings. Implements assigned project analysis tools and decision making in the execution of duties.
Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive shutdown experience for large project application.
- Experience in a previous Area Lead Field Engineer role is an advantage.
- An understanding of the application and requirements of Project Environmental, Safety & Health. Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment which incorporates client project and operations teams, contractor and specialty service providers, in a very specific time-related delivery schedule for a major facility shutdown.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in Construction. A recognized degree in a job-related engineering or scientific discipline or specialized courses in construction technology and management will be considered however prior practical work experience leading to a thorough understanding of shutdown delivery is a requirement.
- Knowledge of multi-discipline construction and previous experience of working with Operations personnel. Knowledge of construction monitoring and analysis tools and methodologies, and of technical functions relating to field activities.
- Knowledge of the use of procurement orders and contracts, and the contractor and subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in documents.
- Experience working with, supervising and administering subcontractor Work Pack activities and the preparation and approvals as required.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Able to work under Olympic Dam job-site conditions.
Essential Company Requirements
Ethics: Commitment to the Project’s ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects.
Quality: Commitment to the Project’s quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors’ evaluations of work performance.
ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project’s Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.