This position is located in Abu Dhabi and is a single employment contract. To be considered for this position you must be a current resident of the UAE. You must also be fluent in written and verbal communication in both English and Arabic. This position must be accessible during some US work hours for reporting and coordinating.
As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. Recently, the company announced it is building a state of the art research and development (R&D) center in Abu Dhabi to create an in-country Agri-Tech ecosystem. We now look for seasoned professionals to join our Abu Dhabi entity for the establishment and growth of our operation in the region.
• An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
• A team of motivated, intellectually curious, and creative individuals to support you
• The backing of some very impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential, and other leading venture funds
Job Description Summary:
This position will report to the General Manager of Abu Dhabi Operations and is responsible for supply chain functions, sourcing and procurement, and logistics for AeroFarms AgX Ltd. in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically plan and manage logistics (freight forwarding, warehousing, and transportation)
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers
- Track quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs, and efficiency
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations, and ISO requirements
- Act as a point of contact between the company and suppliers
- Identify potential suppliers based on project requirements
- Negotiate contracts, terms, and deadlines with vendors and suppliers
- Monitor and update relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing
- Manage an efficient flow of goods to ensure optimum production
- Process purchase orders to acquire goods
- Work closely with the legal department to ensure contract terms are favorable to the company
- Attend meetings with the legal team, engineering team, vendors, and suppliers
- BS/BA in related field – Engineering, Business Administration, or Economics
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience in contracting, manufacturing, or food production company.
- Successful logistics experience including but not limited to freight forwarding, procurement, sourcing, and negotiations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with aggressive schedules
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Proficient with MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and ERP systems, standard logistics software.