Requisition ID: 285033
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Presales Expert - Finance / FSI
The Presales Experts leads and manages all Presales engagements for a given set of opportunities aligned to a group of sales teams. S/he works with the sales teams to support sales strategies by engaging the appropriate Presales team. He/She must possess strong solution selling and value-based selling skills, and be able to mentor and coach the assigned presales team members in support of sales cycles.
Deal / Account Support Tasks (70%):
- Support and liaise with sales in account planning activities to build the customer vision
- Single point of contact for Sales into the Presales organization for his domain
- Support sales in building a trusted relationship in both IT and LOB
- Research, document account and industry context maps, understand the account’s business model
- Jointly with sales executes the account strategy
- Deliver executive workshops leveraging design thinking infusing innovative approaches
- Aligns with business stakeholders, discovers & documents business capability requirements / use cases
- Designs solution landscape with EA and Solution specialists that meets customer requirements
- Qualify sales opportunities and identify the appropriate presales services
- Assures presales resources allocation, supported by presales/resource managers
- Designate need and source of a Presales Lead / Solution Captain
- Delivers solution positioning , provides at a level 1 solution overviews
- Monitor execution (dry-runs) to ensure highest quality of customer engagement
Monitor impact of Presales Specialist, provide feedback on quality of work
Business Development / Readiness Tasks:
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify whitespace opportunities at accounts
- Participate in one to many marketing events for specific industries or solution areas
- Deliver business workshops to discover and identify business needs
- Build close customer relationships
- Stays current on solution and industry updates in their domain leveraging SAP learning maps etc. Maintain a close understanding and appreciation of competitive solutions.
- Actively participates in the solution HUB of their primary and secondary specializations
Experience & Educational Requirements
- 8+ years of presales experience
- 10 + years of solution specialist (or equivalent customer facing) experience in areas appropriate to the job
- Demonstrates 10+ successful engagements
- Experience across insurance and banking sectors.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills English: proficient
- Agile Business and Product Professional with 13+ years experience in Enterprise Software focusing on Applications and Analytic products and prior to that as business user in Corporate Finance.
- Good working knowledge S/4HANA Finance or ECC GL, AP, AR, AA, PS, CCA, IO, CO-CCA, CO-PC, CO-PA, EC-PCA, SAP TRM, , EC-CS/SEM-BCS/SAP BPC/SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning/SAP Group Reporting, IS-Insurance/IS-Banking, Expertise in Implementing and supporting.
Nice-to-have Implementation Experience
- Highly focused on ASAP, IMG, BPP, As-Is/To-Be Client process analysis, Fit and Gap study and hands on Configuration of the system Experience in ASAP methodologies, SAP Data analysis, Reconciliation, and Business transformation process. Strong functional experience in Migration, up gradation, Implementation, Integration, Change Management, SOX compliance, IFRS, Testing, User Training and Support. Involved in all aspects of project implementation i.e. conducting user workshops, documentation of business blueprint design, GAP analysis, configuration of design, designing of key business reporting, testing, training, data migration, preparation of go-live activities and supporting post go-live activities.
Business level local language: expert
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master equivalent: optional
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.