Hyatt is a global hospitality brandwith one driving purpose: to care forpeople so they can be their best. Through listening, noticing others andextending meaningful gestures, we consistently deliver distinct experiencesthat demonstrate how a little understanding goes a long way.
Are you ready to share this purpose?
Forthe Purchasing department of Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht and Hyatt RegencyAmsterdam we are looking for a PurchasingClerk / Storekeeper.
- Receiving all products, packages anddeliveries for the hotel. This includes all Hotel departments and guestdeliveries.
- Perform quality checks and recording of temperaturesof food deliveries.
- Follow up with suppliers regarding incorrectdeliveries.
- Organizing deliveries and putting items awayin appropriate areas while rotating stock to ensure freshness.
- Processing receipts in our procurement system.
- Matching invoices with receiving records andprepare for further processing by our financial shared service center.
- Maintaining receiving areas and grantingvendors access to necessary areas.
- Control of cleanness in all storerooms &cold storages to ensure that hygiene standards are met (HACCP).
- Maintain close communication with Food &Beverage and Rooms divisions to ensure items ordered are received properly andare in good condition.
- Maintain package tracking system to ensure guestpackages are handled properly.
- Assist with monthly stock take.
- Assist with system maintenance of procurementsystem (e.g. updating prices, adding articles and maintaining order guides andcatalogs).
- Develop relationship with vendors to ensureopen lines of communication regarding ordering, purchasing, and invoicing.
- 1 year of experience in similar position, hotel experience preferred.
- Able to lift a moderate amount of weight and operate equipment carts.
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Good computer skills and ability to learn computer programs quickly.
- Experience with Excel.
- Experience with BirchStreet (or other procurement system) is preferred.
- Willing to take ownership of the work area and look for ways to improve operation.
- StrongEnglish language skills and preferably also able to communicate in Dutch withsuppliers.
- Willing to work on Saturday occasionally.
- Must have valid work permit for the Netherlands.
Do these words describe you or evenmore, the way you love to work and the people you want to work with?
If the answer is YES, then please send us your CV and all the reasons why WE are what YOU are looking for!See description