The Product Development Scientist (Bakery) is responsible for the development of new products, scale-up plant trials, quality improvement and margins improvement of existing products following the protocols for New Product Development, Quality Improvement Project and Profit Improvement Project workflow. He is able to identify and develop new processes and establish process controls to ensure the quality and reproducibility of products. He can represent the team in meetings related to the category he is handling.
- Develop product formulations that meet consumer requirements and business requirements in accordance with CODEX and FDA regulations and guided by the requirements stated in the Product Development Brief.
- Conducts plant trials for NPD's and for existing products to improve the margins and productivity through RM substitution and process improvement. Works with the Design team in the execution of NPD's.
- Leads the commercialization of NPD launches and ensures a smooth transition to manufacturing and provides the technology transfer training to the plant.
- Develops and executes project plans for the quality improvement and maintenance of existing products.
- Renders technical support to operations as requested by Manufacturing and QA.
- Adheres to the requirements of the QMS in undertaking responsibilities.
- Performs development projects within the approved budget.
- Maintains the upkeep of documents and records.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in BS Food Technology, BS Food Science, BS Chemistry, BS Chemical Engineering, or other related courses
- At least 5 years experience, preferably in the FMCG industry with technical depth and knowledge in bakery processes and ingredients.
- Must have good knowledge on food processes (Food Science, Process Engineering) and has good attention to detail
- Possesses good analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills with proficient computer and reporting skills
- Overall good project management skills
- Must be curious, creative and always thinking of better ways to innnovate products!