Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
With more than 30 years of proven experience, SunPower is a global leader in solar innovation and sustainability. SunPower is a company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. You have the opportunity to join the company that helped establish solar markets around the world and continues to innovate in the renewable energy space. SunPower has facilities in the US, Europe and Asia, and we are seeking talented people to join us in building a clean energy future.
Our unique approach emphasizes the seamless integration of advanced SunPower technologies, delivering complete solar solutions and lasting customer value. We are passionately committed to changing the way our world is powered, and we are guided by our legacy of innovation, optimism, perseverance, and integrity.
Widely recognized as the world’s standard for solar, SunPower produces the world’s highest efficiency solar products. Our quality and reliability standards far exceed those of any other company in the industry.
In order to unlock shareholder value, accelerate innovation and enhance customer value, SunPower will separate into two independent, publicly traded companies, strategically aligned and complementary, focusing on distinct offerings. Newly-formed Maxeon Solar Technologies will be the leading global technology innovator, manufacturer and marketer of premium solar panels, carrying on the decades’ long legacy in setting quality and performance standards.
As we look to the future, we are seeking a world-class Technical Support Engineer based in ROHQ, Binan, Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower. Are you ready to change the way our world is powered?
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a Technical Support Engineer for Residential Business Unit. The Technical Support Engineer provides Tier 1 first line telephone, email, and live chat support to external stakeholders for the company’s range of solar energy products. The Technical Support Engineer reports to the Technical Support Team Lead and caters excellent customer service and problem escalation or resolution support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Provides technical support to SunPower Dealers and Homeowners during and after the installation of photovoltaic systems.
- Troubleshoots photovoltaic installations via phone, email, and live chat.
- Logs all customer transactions and interactions in our Customer Relations Management System and follows up assigned cases until resolution is confirmed by the Dealer.
- Escalates calls as necessary to next level Tier support team members and Team Lead.
- Strives towards meeting group and individual metrics and targets, including phone response, first-call resolution, customer complaints as well as individual quarterly key performance indicators.
- Performs other functions as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Complies at all times with the Environment, Health, Safety, and Quality Standards, Rules and Regulations.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferably Electrical or Electronics or Mechanical).
- Work experience in Technical Support or Call Center
- Excellent Communication Skills in English.
- Excellent diagnostics capabilities, analytical skills, and able to work in a team and under pressure.
- Excellent skills preparing technical support reports.
- Understanding and awareness of customer needs and willingness to act on the urgency of the requests.
- Communication, customer focus, attention to detail, continuous learning, decision making, policies, processes and procedures, product knowledge and quality.
- Systematic problem-solving, planning, prioritization and goal setting.
- Proficient in MS Office.