With its many museums, peaceful canals and 17th-century architecture, Amsterdam charms every visitor. In the midst of this splendid city, you'll find the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.
Our luxury hotel, located across from Leidseplein's fine dining, shopping and entertainment, is a 5-minute walk to many attractions including the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. In the morning visit the Vondelpark for a relaxing walk or run or go to our on-site 24-hour health club for a great workout.
Our 396 spacious guest rooms have everything you need for business or leisure travel and upscale and casual dining awaits you in our two restaurants where you can grab a burger and beer or Amsterdam's finest steak in town. Our 12 meeting rooms are equipped with the newest technology; we welcome you to our 'Meetings Imagined'.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate and enthusiastic colleague! The Amsterdam Marriott Hotel is known to be an expert in delivering brilliant services. To uphold that quality we need you to take care of our numbers. Do you want to work in a dynamic work environment in the center of the city and are you interested in a position at the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel? Read the information below and get excited to apply!
What are my responsibilities?
You will be in charge of cost control for food & beverage and assist all the departments of the hotel in procurement. This includes negotiation with local suppliers and you will be responsible for maintaining the hotel contract database. Also, you will take care of the in- and outgoing goods process, together with our purchasing team. Lastly, you will also support the purchasing & finance department in various analysis and admin task.
What makes you the perfect fit?
You enjoy working in an international environment and are passionate about numbers and hotel operations. You enjoy working with people and being part of a team. You have great communication-, organization- and negotiation skills and you enjoy analyzing data and reporting. You have a good overview and are proactive in your daily routine.
To be eligible for this position you
- have (recently) graduated from a hotel or business school
- can speak and write fluently in Dutch and English
- have good analytical and organization skills
- are flexible in working hours and days
- are enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Fulltime contract for 38 hours per week.
- One month probation time.
- We will start with a contract for 1 year with the intention to extend.
What do you get in return?
The Amsterdam Marriott Hotel is part of Marriott International and offers a competitive salary & a wide package of benefits. Each year you will have a performance appraisal and depending on your performance you will get a salary increase. Furthermore we offer:
- A professional environment to work in.
- Uniform allowance for dry-cleaning by the hotel.
- Personal coaching & training to support you in your day-to-day job.
- Career possibilities within Marriott International.
- Special discounted rates for 7000+ Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends.
- A TakeCare program; we focus on your wellbeing in general and organize several healthy and fun activities throughout the year.
- We organize many social activities, such as our Associate Appreciation Week, an annual Staff Party and Team outings.
For more information about our hotel please see www.amsterdammarriott.com