Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
With more than 30 years of proven experience, SunPower is a global leader in solar innovation and sustainability. SunPower is a company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. You have the opportunity to join the company that helped establish solar markets around the world and continues to innovate in the renewable energy space. SunPower has facilities in the US, Europe and Asia, and we are seeking talented people to join us in building a clean energy future.
Our unique approach emphasizes the seamless integration of advanced SunPower technologies, delivering complete solar solutions and lasting customer value. We are passionately committed to changing the way our world is powered, and we are guided by our legacy of innovation, optimism, perseverance, and integrity.
Widely recognized as the world’s standard for solar, SunPower produces the world’s highest efficiency solar products. Our quality and reliability standards far exceed those of any other company in the industry.
In order to unlock shareholder value, accelerate innovation and enhance customer value, SunPower will separate into two independent, publicly traded companies, strategically aligned and complementary, focusing on distinct offerings. Newly-formed Maxeon Solar Technologies will be the leading global technology innovator, manufacturer and marketer of premium solar panels, carrying on the decades’ long legacy in setting quality and performance standards.
As we look to the future, we are seeking a world-class Manual Quality Control Test Department Manager based in ROHQ, Binan, Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower. Are you ready to change the way our world is powered?
Summary of Role:
The position will primarily supports software testing and assurance activities with some project management responsibilities. He/She defines strategy and oversees the execution of the Testing functions within an Agile framework and plays an active role in identifying opportunities for efficiencies and automation in testing. The Test Manager will also have the overall accountability for planning, execution, oversight and reporting of testing events and relays any risks, issues or timeline changes to leadership and stakeholders. The candidate must be able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced/dynamic atmosphere. This position requires a strong team ethic working with both technical and business team members. This is a hands-on QC Test Manager role which will be responsible for testing as well as managing the growing team of Manual and Automation Engineers to support various Digital Software Products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implements testing status reports with QA metrics and drives improvement in outcomes and efficiency
- Drives to maximize automation test coverage and limit manual testing
- Works with Agile teams to understand features, triage and troubleshoot issues, identify causes and solutions.
- Help identify test automation candidates/scope.
- Coordinate with the product owners, functional and technical analysts on automated and manual testing; as well as associated Super Users in determining the quality of our applications.
- Diagnose defects and track them from discovery to resolution. For all quality escapes, leads all closed loop corrective action retrospective sessions and fully owns. implementation of preventive action.
- Develop and implement plan to guide testers in obtaining test certifications and other advanced testing skill sets.
- Attends grooming and retro sessions to plan for upcoming sprint and progress on current sprint.
- Inspects individual tester’s work for quality and completeness, including documented test plans, test execution, and test evidence.
B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 5+ years of related experience or M.S. degree and 3+ years of related experience or PhD and 0-2 years of related experience
- 5+ years’ experience in the software quality field including prior hands-on quality engineering experience (5+ years on Manual Testing and 2+ years on Automated Testing).
- With a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a leadership role working alongside development teams.
- Expert in Project Management and Testing collaboration tool such as Pivotal Tracker, Jira, Slack, TestLink, Selenium, RPA, etc.
- Knowledgeable with GitHub, Bitbucket, CI/CD, Jenkins.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures to support various development methodologies.
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity).
- Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment.
- Understanding of existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes.
- Experience coordinating with external QA resources.
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases.
- Critical thinker.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, plan and execute a goal.
- Large team leadership experience (20+ direct reports)
- Experience troubleshooting complex, custom software hosted in AWS with multiple API integrated services
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
At SunPower we value the health and safety of all our team members. We support and encourage our employees to form a healthy and stable environment where they can succeed. Below we have listed the working requirements and environment for this role:
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for working hours
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable method
- Able to position and move objects up to 10 pounds
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- The position requires travel with potential of overnight stays between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Less than or equal to 10% travel.
- Day to day work is completed in the office at personal computer M-F, first shift hours
- Ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines, telephones, but occasionally may be above average for portions of the business day