The Contractor Accounts Manager (CAM) will be responsible for ensuring specification of Rain Bird products in the assigned territory and will also build and maintain relationships with key Influencers, Specifiers, Contractors, and PAs. The successful candidate will be technically competent, results-oriented, and have experience in Irrigation or related industries in GCC.
Responsibilities include the development & implementation of a strategic plan, distribution management, and new business development. CAM’s work independently within a geographic territory and are measured on revenue production and market share improvement. The successful candidate must be willing to travel extensively and technically competent, a sound presenter, results-oriented, and highly self-motivated.
- Grow sales revenue and market share ahead of the market.
- Analyze the market related to market share, penetration, and growth opportunities and develop a territory-specific strategic plan to achieve corporate objectives.
- Work effectively with Channel Partners to drive growth in assigned territories and
- Ensure a high level of specification share, and develop and maintain a project database. Successfully develop and execute sales and promotional strategies together with distribution to grow Rain Bird sales with all irrigation contractors and dealers in the assigned territory.
- Successfully develop and execute unique, impactful, and targeted programs to capture incremental sales.
- Educate and influence the Irrigation Contractors and Specifiers on the value of Rain Bird’s landscape products, their application, and key benefits to drive product preference.
- High visibility participation in strategic contractor events, tradeshows, and regional industry events.
- Differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service and an aggressive call coverage cycle.
- Travel extensively within the territory of responsibility, at a rate that is commensurate with market needs.
The successful candidate must have a “hands-on” approach to management, be highly motivated, and be a self-starter who thrives on challenges. The successful candidate will also support landscape customers by developing a thorough understanding of their businesses and the industry, identifying their needs, and identifying Rain Bird products, services, or systems that meet those needs. Customers include Investors, Developers, Distributors, Contractors, Landscape Architects, Specifiers, and Consultants.
High-level Landscape industry experience will be a significant advantage. The successful candidate must also have a demonstrated ability to build rapport and develop strong customer relationships and have a proven track record of delivering results.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Science, or Management.
- 7-10 years successful specification or sales in Irrigation or similar industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to deliver results.
- High levels of strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Self-motivated individual with independent decision-making capability.
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Willing to live in the assigned territory while traveling extensively
- Desire to grow in the organization and willing to accept new challenges.
- Post Graduate Business degree.
- Desire to grow in the organization to a managerial position.
- Good presentation skills and public speaking.
- Ten years of successful specification and sales in the landscape irrigation industry.
- Working knowledge of irrigation design, installation, repair, and product application.
- Experience in working within a multinational organization.