Media Lab is looking for an experienced, passionatePlanner Buyerto join the team working across their key client, Westpac Banking Group. Your function is to be the bridge between the planning and investment teams. It’s the perfect role for someone looking to develop their planning skillset, but who’s not prepared to let go of the dynamic world of investment.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the TradingDirector, with a dotted line report to the Planning Directors.
3 best things about the job:
- Allows you to work cross discipline from planning to investment, and in a wide variety of channels
- We’re completely dedicated to one client, meaning there are great opportunities to develop client relationships, as well as gaining exposure to their business
- It’s a great place to work! We are very well resourced and we all have a great work life balance
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Become proficient on the client’s business and product portfolio
- Developed a productive working relationship with the team at Media Lab.
- A strong understanding of the KPIs and key deliverables on the business, and be on track to deliver these.
In six months:
- Built relationships internally, with media, agency partners, and the client team at Westpac
- Understood the various owned and earned media opportunities within the Westpac’s portfolio, and identified possible ways to integrate those into your responses
In 12 months:
- Contributed to the wider trading department, played a role within departmental meetings such as Channel Champs.
- Established positive leadership to the junior members of the trading team
- Developed and presented an implementation plan
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for bringing channel plans to life through creative media solutions
- Attend relevant media briefings from client or planning team
- Help facilitate ideation sessions for brief responses
- Work closely with planning team to develop implementation plans
- Lead publisher briefings and responses
- Trialling new and innovative media solutions for your clients
- Ownership of media plans
- Identifying ways to leverage and integrate existing assets/partnerships through our paid media campaigns
- Lead/share market knowledge as key channel champions with broader department and agency.
- Tracks delivery of all the buying parameters, value and benchmarks (Average TARPs, positioning, costs etc)
- Ensures that all Executives deliver on all key responsibilities.
- In conjunction with the Trading Managers assists in the training and development of executives and coordinators.
What you will need:
- A passion for the media industry, and a strong understanding of the media landscape
- A preference for a collaborative approach top problem solving
- Strong attention to detail
- 3+ years (local) experience who is keen to teach, train, nurture and can work in a dynamic environment.
- TV buying skills is a must however the majority of the volume is more likely towards OOH/VOD/Cinema.
- An entrepreneurial spirit would be looked upon favourably – a go getter!
- Good relationships within the marketplace
About Media Lab
Media Lab is a new media agency within GroupM that has been independently designed to manage the planning and buying for the Westpac Banking Group.
Media Lab prides itself on mobilising the best resources in market to effectively utilise both client,marketand media data to make informed decisions on both creative and innovative media strategies which are applied across the breadth of the Westpac Brand Portfolio.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.