Memac Ogilvy is about Making Brands Matter.
We're one of the leading creative networks in MENA with its flagship office in the UAE and a strong local footprint in the GCC and North Africa. It is part of the formidable worldwide Ogilvy network and wider WPP network. It’s the only truly integrated comms network – with beyond Brand & Advertising, a deep PR & Influence, Social Media Performance and Customer Engagement & Digital capability.
We are looking to hire a Strategy Director in our Dubai office. The Strategy Director will work across Brand & Advertising Planning & Strategy. You will work closely with the MD, CSO and Client Team Leads, in the region, to shape powerful marketing communication strategies and creative solutions for existing clients and pitches.
- 8–10 years of experience in strategic planning, especially strong digital strategy experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Ability to work directly with clients and develop relationships on behalf of the agency.
- Ability to answer the key questions such as how brands are communicated and experienced through digital interactions and how digital interactions fit into broader customer experiences.
- Comfortable conversing across website, apps, paid media, marketing automation, SEO and content.
- Solid measuring and reporting on performance across campaigns.
- Would ideally also have a strong brand planning background to compliment the digital experience.
- Demonstrated talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an innate curiosity and insight into human behavior, an instinct for popular culture and a nuanced understanding of creative work are critical.
- The ability to work across different groups and disciplines is key to success, as is judgment in pushing the work, elevating the ambition of our client’s brands, and leading their thinking about the potential of their business.
- Mange global brands building strategies around multiple product lines/brand portfolio.
- Development of brand strategies, writing creative briefs, guiding development and presentation of the creative work.
- Strong command of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and working knowledge of when and how to apply them to a given communications challenge.
- Comfortable conversing across website, apps, paid media, marketing automation, SEO and content. Experience with data-driven channel planning and content optimization; DCO message mapping against audience profiles and behaviors.
- Performance marketing strategic mindset
- 8-10 years experience in strategic planning within large network agencies
- Experience of working within a communications agency
- Experience of developing brand strategies, writing creative briefs, guiding development and presentation of creative work
- Strong presentation, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work directly with clients and develop relationships on behalf of the agency
- Familiarity with a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and working knowledge of when and how to apply them to client opportunities/challenges
- Demonstrate an innate curiosity and insight into human behavior, and an instinct for popular culture