Hasbro - Hong Kong
Purpose of Role
- Drive innovation and sustainability material to mitigate heavy reliance on traditional manufacturing material.
- This position assumes greater significances as Hasbro’s continuous effort in protecting our planet and conserving its natural resources for future generations.
- This requires that material and components infrastructure in these emerging supply chain needs to be developed in a phased plan and put in place.
- Define & manage materials strategy roadmap and resource plan to achieve green and sustainability target.
- Analyze internal products & packaging and improve footprint in terms of green & sustainability manner by suggesting upgrades to current methodology and / or process.
- Develop recycled and renewable material research plan in reducing amount of traditional plastic resins used in products to achieve sustainability target whilst ensuring safety and durability.
- Drive sustainable process improvement and data analytics by working alongside with team analysts and product development / packaging team.
- Closely connect with key stakeholders to develop and help delivering their sustainability product strategies as well as product disposal, translating the company’s sustainability initiatives into engaging consumer stories.
- Conduct research and benchmark key sustainability trends / alternative material and translating best practices into key insights.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant work experience with consumer product manufacturing industry or relevant. Over 5 years working experience in field of sustainability.
- Degree in Material engineering, Mechanical/Chemical engineering, or related discipline.
- Sound knowledge in hard goods production and product development process.
- Technical knowledge of various industry certifications required by industry to deliver sustainably certified products is preferred.
- Solid experience on analysis of potential material to impact positively or negatively on business growth and prioritize according to stakeholders’ expectation.
- Ability to define and implement innovative strategies for driving green and sustainability in fast-paced environment.
- Work individually to research and define potential opportunities.
- Proven track record that candidate is effective in cooperation, communication & influence across functions and colleagues in different locations & time zones.
- Sound persuasive skills to navigate resistance to change and influence people to accept innovative ideas.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Autonomous, proactive, detailed minded.
- Pragmatic and hands-on problem solver across manufacturing vendors, suppliers and project teams