Requisition ID: 290229
Work Area: Legal
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
We are seeking Senior Legal Counsel to join the Commercial Legal team who enjoys working independently but collaboratively in a team environment within a fast-paced legal department and dynamic company. Target candidate will have 2 to 5 years of large law firm or in-house experience, with a wide scope of responsibilities. Responsibilities include:
- Creation and negotiation of partner and supplier contracts,
- Supporting the marketing and communications teams with events and review of press releases, marketing materials and other matters.
- Guiding the business on all relevant legal matters, including intellectual property, data privacy, telecommunication, competition law.
You will act as a prime contact for the relevant business teams and provide legal advice and counseling on a wide variety of matters, including intellectual property, licensing, contracting, antitrust, data privacy, and government regulatory matters. You will need to demonstrate the ability to draft and negotiate complex agreements, work with business teams, procurement, operations, finance teams and others, in a fast-paced environment. The ability to work with a team across a wide organization is critical. Experience in IT Law and the Cloud (software-as-a-service) sector is strongly preferred.
The key accountabilities of the role are to:
- Provide legal support for marketing and procurement on a wide variety of matters, including events, sponsorships and vendor agreement creation and negotiation, together with a team of legal experts.
- Negotiation of data privacy agreements in a variety of contexts
- Continuous improvement of contract templates and contracting processes
- Provide legal guidance on all other aspects of IT law
- Driving legal issues across a cross-functional and cross-departmental environment and following projects throughout their lifecycle.
- The successful candidate will work closely with other practice areas.
- Drive standardization, simplification and scale for all legal matters owned by that role.
- Drive knowledge sharing across the team and across SAP’s Legal organization
Education and Skills
- Must have a JD from an accredited law school and be an active member of local bar association.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, business judgment and strategic thinking, a superior work ethic, dynamic and highly team-oriented, well organized, and able to work with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Superior English language written, and oral communication skills required.
- Should be a good business advisor concerned with deal particulars as well as general company processes.
- Excellent/Fluent English
- 5-7 years of appropriate legal experience
- Provide senior legal services
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.