To extend our international team we are looking for a DevOps Engineer with affinity for data architecture and techniques to join our agile data team in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands. We are looking for smart people with great software engineering skills that have experience working with a variety of technology and tools.
If you automate your personal tasks and hate repetition we want you. This person will work with a highly skilled and dedicated team to implement automation and deployment solutions and teach these solutions to our many different users.
Gracenote Video is part of Gracenote Inc., headquartered in Emeryville, California and is part of the Nielsen Media Company.
What does the job involve?
You join the data team, an experienced, informal and enthusiastic scrum team of 4+ developers. The data team is responsible for the design of the core databases, the development of data entry tooling, and the development and architecture of the API’s to access and manipulate video data for our european customers. Part of the job is that you work together with international teams of developers located in Nielsen offices around the world.
Gracenote Video is building a single platform aggregating global video data from all our international locations. Over the next three years this team’s objectives are to enable the ongoing modernisation and redevelopment of our core database and tooling moving from legacy technologies to Big Data architectures and reactive web apps.
In the role you will:
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine software requirements.
- Help sizing infrastructures and deployment requirements.
- Create working prototypes, build and deployment scripts.
- Configure, automate and support cloud deployments.
- Configure, automate and support NoSql databases.
- Work closely with architects/designers to design and implement reusable system components.
- Work with the technical project manager to ensure that the project stays on track by advising on risks and actions.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience in at least one programming language.
- Minimum 3 years of specific experience as a DevOps Engineer role.
- Scripting experience in Bash.
- CI/CD experience (Gitlab, Jenkins, ...)
- Linux experience (Ubuntu preferred).
- Worked with AWS CLI and GUI
- Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details.
- Has good knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written
Skills that are appreciated:
- Experience with Infrastructure as code solutions, Terraform preferred.
- Knowledge of more programming languages (go, java, python), different databases (Cassandra, Elasticsearch) and technologies (e.g Spark, Airflow)
- Experience in Devops and Monitoring related tools and languages (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Prometheus and Grafana)
- Has experience working in an Agile environment
A multinational company, with clients like Google, Facebook, Roku, NBC and many more
Working in an Agile and Scrum development environment
- An informal atmosphere in a dynamic media company with opportunities for ownership and personal development
- Motivated, international like-minded colleagues
- A competitive salary and good benefits
Above all, we are looking for good problem solvers and critical thinkers who keep an open mind, stay relevant by continually educating themselves, and are passionate about efficiency and good design. If you enjoy learning and applying new things, we want to talk with you.
Who are we?
Nielsen is a leading international audience measurement and data company that provides innovative services to the entertainment industry. Our business unit, Gracenote Video, is engaged in producing, distributing, publishing and monetizing Video and TV data on all platforms.
Gracenote’s Video/TV database is one of the largest in the world. Customers and partners are national and international media, TV channels, Internet search giants, social media companies and global consumer electronics manufacturers.
Our passion for video, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From San Francisco to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!