Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking Commis,to join our team at Wyndham Garden in Manama,Bahrain.
The primary objective is to learn how to work in every area of the kitchen. In order to accomplish this, the Commis chef may be required to rotate throughout the kitchen, spending a period of time in one kitchen station before moving on to a different one. At each kitchen station, the Commis chef has the opportunity to learn from a different senior chef who is in charge of that area. The Commis may be required to prepare mis en plas and also do the actual cooking under the supervision of the Chef De Partie. He/She is in charge of cleanliness of store, refrigerators, freezers, kitchen machinery and utensils of his outlet or section. Assists the Chef de Partie and Demi Chef with all the kitchen work. The Job incumbent works in line with the hotels guidelines and business plan, and Wyndham Corporate policies and procedures, and according to local requirements and regulations.
· Set up preparation area (includes utensils, pots and pans, cutting boards and knives). As defined by the outlet or section in charge.
· Performs duties as required by section in charge.
· Must keep work area clean at all times and make sure correct use of equipment chillers and freezers.
· Helps the set up of daily buffet as per standards.
· Collects dry store, fruits, vegetables, dairy, raw meat and fish/Sea food requisitioned by the outlet or section in charge.
· Participates in the daily mise en place delegated by the outlet or section in charge.
· Must be willing to learn and attend any training scheduled by department head for the benefit of the employee and organization
· Prompt work pattern and must remain flexible at all times
· Must be willing to be rotated in carious kitchen sections as required
Education & Experience
· Hotel Management Degree or diploma or equivalent
· Food and Beverage Production training or related industrial training
· 2 years of experience in a similar role within a five-star hotel/ resort environment
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on their behalf. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving as the management company and will not be the actual employer.