Hyatt is a global hospitality brand with one driving purpose: to care for people so they can be their best. Through listening, noticing others and extending meaningful gestures, we consistently deliver distinct experiences that demonstrate how a little understanding goes a long way.
Are you ready to share this purpose?
For the Purchasing department of Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht and Hyatt Regency Amsterdam we are looking for a Purchasing Clerk / Storekeeper.
- Receiving all products, packages and deliveries for the hotel. This includes all Hotel departments and guest deliveries.
- Perform quality checks and recording of temperatures of food deliveries.
- Follow up with suppliers regarding incorrect deliveries.
- Organizing deliveries and putting items away in appropriate areas while rotating stock to ensure freshness.
- Processing receipts in our procurement system.
- Matching invoices with receiving records and prepare for further processing by our financial shared service center.
- Maintaining receiving areas and granting vendors access to necessary areas.
- Control of cleanness in all storerooms & cold storages to ensure that hygiene standards are met (HACCP).
- Maintain close communication with Food & Beverage and Rooms divisions to ensure items ordered are received properly and are in good condition.
- Maintain package tracking system to ensure guest packages are handled properly.
- Assist with monthly stock take.
- Assist with system maintenance of procurement system (e.g. updating prices, adding articles and maintaining order guides and catalogs).
- Develop relationship with vendors to ensure open lines of communication regarding ordering, purchasing, and invoicing.
- 1 year of experience in similar position, hotel experience preferred.
- Able to lift a moderate amount of weight and operate equipment carts.
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Good computer skills and ability to learn computer programs quickly.
- Experience with Excel.
- Experience with BirchStreet (or other procurement system) is preferred.
- Willing to take ownership of the work area and look for ways to improve operation.
- Strong English language skills and preferably also able to communicate in Dutch with suppliers.
- Willing to work on Saturday occasionally.
- Must have valid work permit for the Netherlands.
Do these words describe you or even more, the way you love to work and the people you want to work with?
If the answer is YES, then please send us your CV and all the reasons why WE are what YOU are looking for!See description