The Network Engineer Journeyman will design, improve and manage networks to ensure they’re optimized and functioning as intended.
*Position contingent upon contract award.
*Additional details will be provided as they become available; let us know your interest in this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparing the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Acquisition Requirements Packages
- Assist with management of a Network Capability Set contract that will modernize the NIPR, SIPR, JWICS, and other networks, etc.
- Review System Design Plans, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews, Final Design Reviews and Engineering Implementation Plans presented by integrators. Make comments on behalf of the USG for consideration by the IPT Leader
- Assist with monitoring of integrator work performance and reports findings
- Review Engineering Change Requests for accuracy and feasibility; makes necessary recommendation
- Research materials and build comprehensive LOMs with pricing source date
- Lead change and configuration management of assigned projects.
- Collaborate/discuss and document technical requirements, technical risks/issues/opportunities with other team members and external stakeholder
- Provide subject matter expertise in the assigned engineering discipline, attend meetings as required by project lead and address Requests for Information (RFIs) concerning technical requirements and the technical implementation of projects
- Assist with technical support, to include providing assistance for life cycle cost analysis, work breakdown structure, plans and programs, or any other PMLC IPT deliverable; prepare written inputs/comments for any technical review or discussion
- Analyze project documentation (i.e. plans, diagrams/drawings, schedules, matrices, registers, charters, concurrence memorandums, support agreements, and strategies) to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with applicable industry, military and theater standards
- Conduct site surveys, evaluate technical aspect of all phases of the project work and document observations, recommendations and deficiencies
- Determine the appropriate configurations of multiple hardware or software components of information systems or telecommunications networks to deliver stated levels of performance, interoperability, and maintenance support within the known constraints of the PM’s or agency’s IT infrastructure
- Make recommendations on the use of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) technology; apply a structured methodology to assist in evaluating and selecting COTS hardware, software, and services to meet the Project Managers’ specific requirements; and adjust the
methodology, when warranted, including prototypes and pilots to address risk
- Analyze periodic reports and briefings for accuracy, relevance and completeness i.e. daily, weekly and monthly project status reports. Review and comment on CDRLs submitted by IT contractors
- Provide quality assurance checks to IT implementation project sites, ensure that the contractor is meeting contractual requirements and adhering to local policies
- Assist logistician with identifying and inventorying project and office equipment
- Develop strategic plans with Information Technology (IT) enterprise goals and objectives that are focused and aligned to agency/Command/PM mission goals and objectives and with clearly defined near-term, mid-term, and long-term initiatives
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in areas such as routing, wireless, security, data center, and automation
- Must demonstrate proficiency with computer-aided drawing software, e.g. AUTOCAD
- Position requires an active, in-scope US Government issued Secret clearance
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required
- Cisco certification of CCNP or higher
- Cloud and VoIP experience
- A MA/MS degree
Founded in 2010, Sev1Tech provides IT, engineering, and program management solutions delivery. Sev1Tech focuses on providing program and IT support services to critical missions across Federal and Commercial Clients. Our Mission is to Build better companies. Enable better government. Protect our nation. Build better humans across the country.
Join the Sev1Tech family where you can achieve great accomplishments while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at: https://careers-sev1tech.icims.com/ #joinSev1tech
For any additional questions or to submit any referrals, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sev1Tech is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.