Req. ID: 216111
At Micron Technology, we transform how the world uses information to enrich life through our core values. With our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions, we are committed to building continuous innovation by operating thoughtfully, empowering people and sourcing responsibly with sustainability as the key in our mind.
We are looking for:
A Network Engineer who specializes in LAN/WAN, Wireless, and Telecommunications hardware, software and cabling. You will handle operational health (Security, Availability, Performance, Interoperability and Reliability) and support the acquisition, installation, maintenance, and administration of Micron’s data and voice communications systems. You will regularly work with Micron’s Business Units to ensure solutions meet or exceed business requirements. You are encouraged to suggest, promote, demonstrate standards to minimize environmental complexity and ensure regulatory, license compliance.
An Ordinary day of work would mean:
- Analyzing, comparing, and resolving cost of implementing new technology or services.
- Coordinating and facilitating the integration and support for new equipment.
- Presenting and collaborating with peer groups (enterprise architects, security team, server team, etc.).
- Configuring and operating equipment that is supported.
- Defining, recommending, and coordinating needed equipment (routers, circuits, concentrators, switches, servers, etc.).
- Defining the timeline for interaction with partners for integration of services and systems.
- Educating business units on the feasibility and limitations of the technologies in the environment.
- Integrating the current design of previously existing network into the Micron enterprise network and support new technology that requires network transport.
- Working with the global network teams to incorporate Micron standards and methodologies into local site network.
- Handling and maintaining the existing environment.
- Running contractor support personnel in the operational tasks.
- Optimizing the performance of new equipment.
- Participating in the project planning process
- Resolving equipment that needs to be retired and the replacement.
- Responding appropriately to alarms, alerts, and notifications of the environment from the management system.
- Supervising the needs of the site (bandwidth, network, etc.).
- Providing a critical point for global operational network teams
- Providing formal corporate communications on directional changes or changes that will impact existing services.
- Keeping business units advised on the status.
- Responding to customer inquiries regarding network performance.
- Document processes and procedures.
To Qualify for this job:
- Require a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field of study, Certificate in CCNA, CCNP
- Atleast 2 years of experience in either Wireless LAN Networks, Cisco systems, Business operations, Cost accounting, Voice communication system (Avaya preferred), Network monitoring and management applications, IP address management, routing management, subnetting or VLAN management.
- Knowledge in Python Programming language is essential.
We provide Equal Opportunity!
At Micron, we are passionate about crafting an inclusive community where we do not discriminate, providing equal avenue for our employees to excel.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || SGA || College || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || #LI-JV1 ||