Software AG's Transaction Processing Platforms—based on Adabas & Natural—enable Digital
Enterprises to leverage core systems in new ways. Mission-critical application can be rapidly developed,
modernized and reliably run. Adabas is a comprehensive and scalable enterprise database management
system optimized for big data and designed for reliability, high performance and low total cost of
ownership. It is available for mainframe, Linux®, UNIX® and Windows® (LUW) platforms.
Essential Job Functions
· Close cooperation with teams in Germany and USA
· Support the full software development life cycle including analysis, design, development, test, maintenance and documentation.
· Participating in feature / design / architecture work
· Participating in code, test and documentation work & reviews
· Testing & test-automation work
· Setup and maintain build, installation and promotion process
· Representing product to internal customers like Sales, Global Consulting Service, Global Support
· Support Global Support in case of customer defects and escalations
· Participating in training work, provide training material
· Documentation work according to the task listed
· Development for Adabas kernel and utilities for Linux, Unix and Windows.
Skills and Experiences
· Advanced knowledge and experience in multi-threaded systems developed in C.
· Experience in transactional database systems.
· Experience in clustered database environments.
· Experience in Java.
· Experience in scripting languages like shell scripts, perl or similar.
· Knowledge about job control systems like Jenkins.
· Experience in Eclipse based development environments.
· Experience in developing enterprise standard software with high quality/performance.
· Operating systems know how: Windows, Linux, Unix.
· Good communication skills.
· Open minded team player.
· Comprehensive skills in verbal and written communication in English to be member of an international development team.
· Bachelor or Master degree in IT or related.
· Minimum of 2-5 years directly related work experience
· Technical Career: Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead,
· Management Career: R&D Manager, Senior R&D Manager