As the National Head of Performance you will guide Ikon’s Performance proposition. You will be its key spokesperson and thought leader, building upon our legacy of client first thinking.
You will connect digital and performance thinking upstream into our strategic product and empower our business and its leaders with increased knowledge and understanding in this area.
You are responsible for developing trusted client relationships at a C- suite level, and will be accountable for Ikon’s ability to deliver outcomes for those clients.
You are responsible for leading our team of passionate performance specialists, inspiring, mentoring and developing them both directly and indirectly through your leadership team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the respective state MDs and National COO
3 best things about the job:
- Our belief is that potential is achieved through the removal of constraints, providing unrivalled freedom to challenge convention, break things which need to be broken and build on that which offers potential. This fuels our transparent and dynamic approach to Performance Media
- Partnerships with some of the largest and most exciting brands in market. From Flight Centre (QLD) and Myer (VIC), to the Commonwealth Bank Group and NIB (NSW). Not only are these some of the largest brands in the country, but they’re also dynamic businesses who are invested in our culture and approach to the communications industry, meaning the potential is limitless
- Our people. Ikon is a people business, and always has been. Our culture is responsive and connected, and our people love what we do and who we do it with
- Responsible for engaging trusted relationships with C-Suite stakeholders for tier 1 clients nationally
- Responsible for development of high level strategic thinking for our clients, in collaboration with our National Head of Strategy
- Responsible for ensuring performance teams are effectively resourced to service client needs
- Accountable for standard and execution of the Performance product, delivery and assessment methodologies
- Responsible for the ongoing development of Ikon’s Performance proposition, product and positioning in market
- Responsible for injecting Performance thinking into our strategic product
- Accountable for the output of Ikon’s Performance product and Performance focused resource
- Responsible for synergies between Ikon Performance product and wider strategy and communications offering, focused on insight, innovation and technology
- Responsible for leading new business pitches in regards to performance media, this includes supporting broader strategy with performance thinking, partaking in creative strategic planning and idea generation and delivering pitch responses
- Responsible for building deep and authentic relationships with key media stakeholders and partners
- Responsible for leading senior trade negotiations and ensuring benchmarks (both client and internal) are delivered
- Accountable for Ikon’s NPS score across performance partners nationally
- Be an active member of the Ikon management team
- Responsible for building your national profile and presence both at a state and national level
- Responsible for engaging with and having an opinion on the industry regarding performance media, digital trends and insights
- Responsible for distribution of learning insights and trends to share within Ikon network - client, internal/external stakeholder etc
- Lead the Ikon Performance team, putting into place training protocols developing a program of excellence for team, Client Service Directors and senior business leads
- Contribute to Ikon’s profile both internally and externally by supporting the agencies efforts with effectiveness and innovation focused awards
- Responsible for developing relationships across the WPP AUNZ network
- Responsible for attracting and retaining the best performance talent in market
- Responsible for the leadership of all performance team members nationally
- Accountable for development and engagement of training needs across digital product. Work with digital director on best vendors for internal development and growth
- Accountable for the standard and delivery of internal training and education
- Accountable for the standards and execution of career development plans and KPI’s within the performance team
What you will need:
- Proven track record of digital innovation and development
- Ability to lead and mentor a high performing team
- Experience being involved in new business pitching and digital thought leadership
- Burning desire to make a difference. We can’t give you passion. You need to bring it
- Passion for a great deal… think about the client’s money like you do your own!
- Energetic and creative optimist who is always looking to do and try things differently
- Live Ikon values and role model behaviour to all staff nationally
About Ikon Communications
Ikon is a full service communications agency with over $450m in billings across offices in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
We have the breadth and depth of experience to create bespoke solutions for each and every client.
For some, that might be a full suite of services from strategy, data, creative and media. For others, it could simply be amplifying a marketing spend across search and social.
You can learn more about what it means to be an Ikonoclast by visiting our website below: