Req. ID: 206060
As a Senior/Principal Engineer in the Non-Volatile Engineering (NVE) Product Engineering organization at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be part of a brilliant team of engineers that solves complex problems. You will be responsible for enabling Micron’s NAND products with seamless and issue free release to both internal and external non-volatile system customers.
In this role (SMH – System Media Health, under Media Health team), you will work with various cross functional NAND and System teams to ensure necessary actions are taken to meet NAND defectivity(DPM) requirements. You will also identify stress factors coming from system NAND usage, and formulate targeted test flows for new 3D-NAND material evaluation, with the objective of uncovering intrinsic and extrinsic reliability issues early. You will work with a cross-functional team to code and execute the NUC (NAND Usage Case) test flow. When device issues are uncovered, you will perform detailed data and failure analysis, working closely with the various Engineering and Development groups to understand the root cause and resolve the observed issues. If you want a career that is meaningful, challenging, and want to work with a phenomenal team, NVE Product Engineering (SMH) may be a good fit for you.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work with Wafer Media Health and Media Health core teams on reducing NAND defectivity(DPM) to enable qualification of world class end products (Mobile, Consumer SSD, Enterprise SSD)
- Drive defect related System Countermeasures with System development and Firmware Teams to prevent residual failure exposure for the customer
- Design and optimize test algorithms focused on bringing out NAND reliability issues, based on system stress factors
- Develop programs for the NUC test flow, and work with Media Health Core team to execute the NUC test flow on wafer level
- Perform Volume Data Analysis and Electrical Failure Analysis during the evaluations, and investigate root causes of reported device issues
- Collaborate with various Engineering and Development groups (both NAND component and systems) to drive closure of reported device issues
- Develop new Design for Test and Design Modes as a solution to new challenges.
- Automation of program development and work processes using scripting
- At least 3-5 years (for Senior) / 6 years and above (for Principal) of NAND related work experience
- Good understanding of NAND-System Integration
- Solid understanding of NAND Flash Device Physics and Design
- Experience using schematic tools, Verilog/VCS simulation, bench program analysis, micro probing is preferred
- Software development (e.g. C-based programming) and scripting (e.g. Perl, Python) skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills in written and spoken English
- Excellent multitasking and organizational skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
A Bachelor’s or Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related
As a world leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our more than 34,000 team members, in 17 different countries, work with countless customers to innovate every day and pursue the products that will shape how we live and work tomorrow.
Location: MSB - 990 Bendemeer Road, Singapore 339942
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || NVE (Non-Volatile Engineering Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-KL1 ||