Req. ID: 161165
A Field Service Engineer in Information Technology department is responsible for the sustaining of the field service operation by efficiently process outstanding requests and restore services to their operating state. For effective execution, a Field Service Engineer must constantly enhance on the knowledge related to computer systems, including hardware, software and network. In addition, the engineer needs to be familiar with IT Collaboration tools and User Experience technology, as well as Corporate and Site policies or procedures while delivering highly satisfisfactory customer service.
- Front the Field Service shift operation by scheduling adequate shift staffing and ensure continuity by having effective passdown between shifts.
- Accountable for all system recovery in response to system monitoring, site walk or incident calls. Strict compliance to established documents, guide books or runbooks, and follow through with subject experts on the document revision to maintain relevant.
- Guide the team in technical related activities, such as preparation, setup, testing and continuous improvement. Apart from achieving the objective within the agreed timeline, the ability to prioritize and divide the tasks among the team by utilizing the individual talent to minimize complexity is the key essence to teamwork success.
- Inspire the team by keeping a high level of customer service and computer literacy to a wide range of customers. Willing to listen and maintains open communication to understand any request or feedback while follow through on satisfaction survey upon delivery.
- Participates in activities or identifies opportunities to enhance own knowledge and skills. Willing to share knowledge gained and be mentor to members not within the same shift external. A member of the team in developing the Information Systems Technician Corps.
- Always on the lookout for process improvement, motivates the team in collaboration effort with other team members to drive multiple wins.
- Be the master in housekeeping, ensure safety in workplace and discipline in inventory control.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related technical fields or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar capacity; supporting Helpdesk/Field services in a related environment. A good understanding of the Micron manufacturing environment is a definite advantage
- Proven ability to make sound decisions and able to work independently or as a team in handling multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others toward achieving the department set goals
- Willing to share knowledge and a good communicator in training peers and customers
- Knowledge in software development will be an added advantage.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || SGA || College || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || #LI-JJ1 ||