Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by 2025 delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Next to that you will be joining a nice work environment with fun colleagues that are always willing to help each other!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: Philips Healthcare, Philips Innovation Services, Philips Research, ASML, TNO, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
The Application Engineer CAD-E is responsible for the definition and delivery of the Mentor Graphics based PCB Design solution by collecting user needs from R&D engineers and implementing them. Your main responsibilities, among others, are:
- functional specialist in the PCB design discipline;
- combine expertise with small-scale projects to deploy solution updates;
- contact for the engineering community using the PCB Design solution;
- align and prioritize the requirements within the direction set by the department leader;
- manage the solution lifecycle from identifying user needs to maintaining legacy solutions for regulatory purposes;
- ensure operational excellence within his solutions scope;
- ensure that the solution in his scope meet regulatory requirements.
Experience & Background
- Bachelors degree or equivalent, preferably in Electronics Engineering
- 10 years of relevant working experience
- Experienced in communicating, connecting with and supporting technically oriented users
- Experience in regulated environments
- Specific knowledge of the electronic and printed circuit board design engineering discipline within the I2M domain and Mentor Graphics Xpedition Enterprise, including middleware and interfaces to other disciplines.
- Overall knowledge of computer systems and operating systems.
- Good understanding of IT Operations, and management of R&D IT solutions.
- General understanding of end-to-end I2M processes, related requirements for tooling and the impact.
Due to the current circumstances (COVID-19) and time-to-market, we only consider candidates within the EU.
Depending on your work experience and educational level, we offer you a gross salary of €3.300 – €5.000 per month, and you are eligible for the Yacht bonus scheme. Next to that, there is a possibility to get a company car with fuel card. Besides this, we offer a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours and possibility to work from home. We also offer other benefits, such as collective discount on health insurance and a good pension scheme.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!