Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose -- improving lives through your life’s work
Identify and pursue value improvement and waste elimination to support manufacturing and overhead areas through the initiation and completion of Lean projects in line with business goals and objectives.
- Ongoing support and advancement of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices across the plant and in direct area of responsibility.
- Provision of technical support and leadership to Manufacturing teams in their endeavors to initiate and sustain Kaizen / continuous improvement.
- Provision of training and ongoing support on existing lean “tool kit”, also refining and improving these tools and introducing new ones as appropriate.
- Constantly promote, educate, and instill culture of identification and elimination of waste through out the plant within manufacturing areas and also in support / transactional area.
- Identification of improvement opportunities and initiation of project teams to achieve site goals and facilitating the removal of barriers to ensure successful outcomes.
- Work closely with R&D, process development and Equipment Engineering groups at early stages of product, process and equipment development to ensure that new designed ergonomically and that new products and processes are “Born Lean”.
- Ensure that Lean activities and projects are linked such that the entire value stream is addressed and maximum benefit is extracted from Lean activities.
- Liaise with EH&S Dept to ensure improvements through Lean activity are assessed ergonomically and are aligned with EH&S continuous improvement goals.
- Maintain an up to date database of populated IE tools.
- Reviewing requests for changes to facility layouts and proposing summary options for review / approval. Work with Facilities Dept and relevant Production Team to prepare final layout drawings and implementation plan.
- Ensure that plant layout drawings are correct and up to date at all times and that “free space” is created strategically to allow for improved flow and / or provision for new / additional production lines to support increased volume / new product introduction.
- Establish of standard times through work measurement.
- Preparation and presentation of engineering standard data in line with corporate guidelines.
- Maintaining a verified up to date database of standard times.
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
Knowledge : A developing professional. Working knowledge and application of business and technical concepts, procedures and practices. General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. General understanding of business unit/group function. Exercises judgment when interpreting company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Problem Solving : Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action. Has knowledge of alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the business or technological environment.
Planning and Organization : Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making : Works under general direction regarding the progress of projects and special assignments. May seek guidance in resolving problems, interpretating established policies, procedures and practices. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment.
Business Relationships and Project Management : Cultivates a wide range of internal business relationships and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. May lead a project team of small to moderate scope. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
Impact : Contributes to the completion of departmental projects and goals. Errors in judgment, poor recommendations, or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
Liaison : Engages with internal company and external contacts. Represents organization on specific projects. Uses diplomacy and tact in interactions and problem solving.
Mentoring : Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.