Work at U.S. Government facility in Kuwait to manage and supervise team personnel; operate, maintain and service Armor Inspection System (AIS); and inspect body armor plates for integrity.
Essential Job Functions: (not limited to duties as described – performs related duties as requested)
- Supervise a small team of personnel in Kuwait to conduct non-destructive testing of body armor plates.
- Setup and initialize Armor Inspection System.
- Diagnose performance issues and make repairs.
- Operate system.
- Unpacking and packing body armor plates.
- Making minor cosmetic repairs to body armor plates.
- Supervise technicians.
- Organize and manage mission.
- Develop and submit reports.
Level of Supervision: Works unsupervised in a reliable manner to complete all tasks within schedule and quality standards.
Required Education & Experience:
- HS Graduate or GED
Contractor Personnel shall demonstrate the following:
- Leadership experience performing in a supervisory or team lead position within the past 5 years.
- Ability to read and utilize mechanical drawings and manuals.
- At least 3 years of previous experience, within the last 5 years, performing general electrical control and electronic troubleshooting, and circuit-level troubleshooting and system-level control wiring troubleshooting.
- At least 3 years of previous experience, within the last 5 years, with Microsoft Windows 7 or 10 operating systems, including the use of basic Microsoft Operating Systems commands.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel to view database tables.
License & Certifications:
NDTE Team Lead/Technician shall take and pass:
- The Armor Inspection System (AIS) Manufacturer’s exam
- A basic electronics exam to demonstrate proficiency
An exam grade of 75% or higher is required to pass both exams.
- Forklift license a plus.
Knowledge & Skills:
Prior experience with NDTE program a plus.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
This is a physically demanding job. Constant lifting and moving body armor plates. Frequently moving 25 or more pounds.
Permanently assigned to Kuwait.
Possession of a U.S. Government Secret clearance.
IAP COVID-19 Policy: All IAP employees will be required to adhere to IAP’s COVID-19 vaccination policy upon hire by submitting proof of full vaccination or requesting the medical or religious accommodation request procedure that must be approved prior to their effective start date. Customer site, State and Federal vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over IAP’s vaccination policy.
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates its capabilities – IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, Infrastructure & Logistics - to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. With 2,500 team members, IAP operates in more than 110 locations in 27 countries worldwide and maintains offices in the Washington D.C. area, Florida, Maryland, Oklahoma, the United Kingdom, and the Middle East. Learn more at www.iapws.com.
IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.