- Opportunity to work with world class technologies and be a part of a highly driven team
- Permanent, full-time role – Melbourne or Sydney
- Rewarding remuneration and benefits
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable, and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our collaborative and innovative Data and Analytics team. As a valued member of the team, you will work on building out the new, Azure-hosted data and analytics environment and deploying and operating data pipelines against it. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop scripts (typically PowerShell and/or Python) to automate manual deployment tasks and other repetitive activities
- Provide technical leadership on incorporation of automated testing and other modern coding practices into our codebase
- Be pivotal in uplifting code quality and ensuring adherence to standards and best practices
- Create, optimise and maintain Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines and associated processes
- Maintain and improve our Infrastructure-as-Code templates and pipelines
- Use DevOps methodologies to automate, monitor, measure and improve the environments
- Architect, develop and maintain our metadata-based ELT/ETL framework (written in a combination of Python and SQL)
- Collaborate with the data science community to automate the productionisation of models developed
- Work with the data governance manager to ensure that environments are compliant with company policy and regulation
- Participate in operational support activities and environment management
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive DevOps Engineering pipeline design and implementation experience within a commercial environment
- Familiarity with recognised coding standards and best practices
- Experience in automated testing frameworks such as UnitTest, PyTest
- Prior experience working in/with DevOps teams and be comfortable with DevOps/SRE thinking
- Experience participating in scrum-based agile teams
- A results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
- Demonstrated experience in breaking down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Excellent organisational skills and be a self-starter
Experience with reverse engineering legacy code (Microsoft SSIS/SSRS), and/or relevant Microsoft Azure accreditations will be highly regarded.
This a great opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer who is looking to work in a supportive and easy-going team that offers flexibility, on the job learning, and exposure to different projects across the business. If you are looking to work for an organisation that is renowned for its data and analytics capability, then apply now.
Let’s spread the positive energy together …
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 7th of December 2021
No recruitment agencies please.