The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Regional Portfolio Operations team in Singapore as a AVP, Portfolio Operations Officer, working alongside the team on credit, cross-jurisdiction funds and special situation deals within Real Estate business.
Regional Portfolio Operations (RPO) function provides operational support to the private market business groups, specifically real estate investment professionals and work alongside other support departments in the specific market. The Portfolio Operations group helps drive overall corporate efficiencies and enhances business capabilities by continually making process improvements. The Portfolio Operations group is also responsible for data collection, data analysis and management reporting.
- Subject matter expert on the investment processes and initial data base set up of new investments.
- Provide data analytics support for the underwriting of new investments.
- Work with the external partners (e.g., due diligence consultants) to set up necessary information flows.
Asset Management Operations
- Process advisory, being a Subject Matter Expert for real estate processes in the authorization lists, guides and manuals.
- Oversee the collection and analysis of real estate operating data from external operating partners. Support data collection system that optimizes data collection, data integrity and analytics delivery.
- Process capital calls and coupon/distributions from external partners, as needed. Assist with the analysis of investment coupon/distributions (attribution between return-of-capital and return-on-capital) and calculation of promote/incentives to external partners. Ensuring management fee payments and expenses (in addition to promote calculations) are accurate.
- Evaluate and analyze investment performance data including investment returns, market values and other property-level operating data.
- Assist with the preparation of various investment and portfolio level operating and performance reports on a quarterly, half-yearly and annual basis. This includes coordination of reporting cycles to meet timelines required by the internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding asset plans and drafting annual budgets.
- Assist with other asset management functions (e.g. audit of asset management, investment fees and promote paid to the operating partners).
Technology and Process Improvement
- Actively participate in process improvements that create efficiencies and support capability to the investment professionals.
- Identify business requirements and develop business analytics for the purpose of enhancing business insights.
- Project management role amongst internal and external parties to support portfolio management activities
- With Bachelor's Degree in Finance / Accounting / Business Management / equivalent.
- With 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in investment portfolio operations, ideally with institutional real estate asset management or property management knowledge.
- Ability to understand real estate drivers and valuation principles is an added advantage.
- Familiar with processes in cashflow modeling and appreciation of real estate performance matrixes.
- Keen interest and stays ahead of emerging technologies and business intelligence tools (such as data analytics, automation, charting and visualization skills)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, knowledge of Macros and VBA is greatly preferred.
- High level of numeracy, ability to draw and communicate insights from data.
- Knowledge of building dashboards and visualization tools such as Tableau.