The Mars Wrigley Sales team have a fantastic opportunity for a Customer Development Manager to join the team and manage some of their biggest Independent customers; Foodworks, Ritchie’s, Cornetts & IGA across NSW, QLD and VIC.
Your key role will be to drive the customer agenda with a focus on delivering shopper, channel and category centric solutions which accelerate customer engagement, provide strategic and operational day-to-day leadership for your Independents customers and deliver results. This will be achieved through both development and maintenance of strong and influential relationships with key customers as well as collaboration internally with key stakeholders to deliver first class insights and solutions which help devise and execute mutually beneficial joint business plans (JBP’s) and deliver sustainable growth.
What’s really exciting about this opportunity is that you will not only work with a variety of customers requiring you to have multiple contact points both internally and externally but it’s also a fantastic role within which you will develop core skills in Account Management with the coaching and guidance of your line manager and fellow associates.
What are we looking for?
- Previous sales experience including selling, negotiating and leveraging insights to deliver customer plans;
- Customer experience within field sales with a track record of meeting/ exceeding sales objectives;
- Ability to develop long term, effective and influential business relationships with key decision makers;
- Ability to assess needs, propose mutually beneficial solutions, overcome objections with confidence, and close the sale;
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline preferable but not essential.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Lead the development and execution of the customers short and long term strategies which optimise profitability and sales revenue and achieves company, category and customer objectives.
- Management of the customer pipeline ensuring accurate and timely forecasts using a variety of inputs including; customer inventory, purchase trends and customer sales trends;
- Leverage insights to influence customers to implement solutions and identify new opportunities that will deliver results that are beneficial for both customer, category and business.
- Evaluate and monitor customer initiatives to drive continuous improvement, efficiency and effectiveness for both the customer and Mars Wrigley;
- Manage new product launches with timely and effective execution to maximise customer impact in the marketplace;
- Manage customer P&L and trade investment that complies with internal and external requirements.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Awarded #4 (over 1000 employees category) in the 2020 Best Places to Work study by Great Place to Work Australia
- Genuine focus on your development with access to world class training
- Global health and wellbeing program to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to make a difference with our volunteer and ambassador programs
- Join the world’s leading manufacturer of chocolate, chewing gum, mints and fruity confections.
What do MARS®, SNICKERS®, EXTRA®, ECLIPSE®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, DOLMIO®, MASTERFOODS ® and ROYAL CANIN® have in common? They’re all made by Mars. We’re a family-owned, principle led business that’s been making products for people (and the pets they love) for more than 100 years. Together, our 125,000+ Associates around the world are empowered to take action every day towards the world we want tomorrow. Because we know, the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today.
For more information visit careers.mars.com
Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. As we prefer to manage all sourcing directly, introductions via agency will not be accepted.
COVID-19: The health & safety of our associates, candidates and our community are very important to us. Therefore, we will be completing all our recruitment processes via digital channels for the near future.
If you require any assistance or alternatives, please contact us directly.