What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
What is your role?
A Presales Business Architect is instrumental in the sales process. With your supercharged SAP solution knowledge, high energy and organizational brilliance, you are regarded as Master of the Universe, by your customers and by your colleagues. When customers hear you promote the value that our solutions bring, the competitors are simply blown into oblivion. Your colleagues are in awe of your ability to engage the customer, manage a room, partner with SAP sales and many more of your skills.
Your industry: extended CONSUMER INDUSTRIES.
As our new Presales Business Architect (pBA) colleague, you will target the extended Consumer Industries. Priorities and strategies in this industry are running through your vanes.
S/he will lead and manage all Presales engagements for a given set of opportunities in this industry. S/he works with the sales teams to support sales strategies by engaging the appropriate Presales team. A pBA must possess strong solution selling and value-based selling skills and can mentor and coach the assigned presales team members in support of sales cycles.
A presales Business Architect’s main focus is on average on 3-5 strategic accounts within these industries, for the majority of her/his time, next to being the industry presales lead for strategic opportunities at other accounts in the broader consumer industry domain.
A day in the life of...
Presales Business Architects:
- Work closely with the sales team to understand client requirements and help define sales strategy, drives qualification and deal governance
- Support SAP customers with solution expertise as a trusted advisor
- Present our solutions to a diverse range of stakeholders in your industry[s]
- Proactively stay up to date on SAP solution and new capability
- Leading a diverse team spread across different business areas, driving strategic, big and complex deals, ensuring that the same team drives compelling outcomes for our client by ensuring quality and empathetic discovery sessions, executing dry runs and presenting SAP’s compelling user experience for all use cases
- Innovate, innovate and innovate across client solution architected, presentations given and mesmerizing demonstrations
- Work with the sales team on demand generation through 1:1 and marketing events
You, simply put, are…
- A presentation Ninja who is incredibly memorable
- A leader who inspires virtual teams to deliver the right outcomes for the customer
- A thought leader in your domain and industry, well respected by your peers
- Able to excite audiences of all shapes and sizes
- Innovative and creative
- Curious – you learn by exploring, you teach yourself
- Great at finding solutions to a customer’s problems
- A team player who loves to share and contribute
- Anxious to join the best presales team on the planet
- Open to travelling, sometimes with your passport in your backpack too!
Deal / Account Support Tasks (70%)
- Support and liaise with sales in account planning activities to build the customer vision
- Single point of contact for Sales into the Presales organization for his domain
- Support sales in building a trusted relationship in both IT and LOB
- Research, document account and industry context maps, understand the account’s business model
- Jointly with sales executes the account strategy
- Deliver executive workshops leveraging design thinking infusing innovative approaches
- Aligns with business stakeholders, discovers & documents business capability requirements / use cases
- Designs solution landscape with EA and Solution specialists that meets customer requirements
- Qualify sales opportunities and identify the appropriate presales services
- Assures presales resources allocation, supported by presales/resource managers
- Act as, or designate need and source of a Presales Lead / Solution Captain
- Delivers solution positioning, provides at a level 1 solution overviews
- Monitor execution (dry-runs) to ensure highest quality of customer engagement
- Monitor impact of Presales (Solution) Specialists, provide feedback on quality of work
Business Development / Readiness Tasks
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify whitespace opportunities at accounts
- Participate in one to many marketing events for specific industries or solution areas
- Deliver business workshops to discover and identify business needs
- Build close customer relationships
- Stays current on solution and industry updates in their domain leveraging SAP learning maps etc. Maintain a close understanding and appreciation of competitive solutions.
- Actively participates in the solution HUB of their primary and secondary specializations
Your basic qualifications
- Requires 10+ years of professional experience, including SAP experience
- 5+ years of Application Presales experience, or 5+ years of SAP product implementation experience
- Any relevant SAP experience is very highly prized, but experience of our competitors is just as interesting!
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in both English and Dutch (native Dutch not needed though).
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:296378 | Work Area: Presales | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: